SHORT BLOCK UPGRADE!!

Home Forums Performance Engine SHORT BLOCK UPGRADE!!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 161 total)
  • Author

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Evening all!! It’s Episode 14….

https://youtu.be/FBf-Ks0vbqs

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

3 weeks, thats good going for all that work at home ! I just hope the non start issue is nothing major, at least it sounds like it has compression so hopefully the cam timing etc is ok . Be nice to just crank it and get the oil pressure up before it bursts into life too.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Evening Gentlemen!! Well this is an interesting one!! Episode 15. Enjoy!!

https://youtu.be/wYOomp7DW7M

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo

Well its running and not without the odd hitch. He has done well really and probably has increased his knowledge on this car. Its going to be interesting the next few video’s road testing and running the engine in or maybe not.

Coastliner

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@coastliner

Indeed mate!! Hell of a lot of work and plenty ups n downs along the way!! Lol!! He did bloody well pulling that G/box out, Clutch and Flywheel off, repair the leaking Seal and rebuild it all in a day!! Fluids the lot. You could see how happy he was when she fired up. Gotta take yir hat off to him and give him a big fat 10 out of 10 for effort!!

And I’ll bet the lovely D’nice is over the moon too, she’s been HORNY as HOUND-DOG for weeks the poor Quine!! He’s gonna be in for a rough ride this evening, and I don’t mean in the RS with his uprated Engine Mounts….. Haha…????.

Yeah im chuffed for him!! Just hope he runs it in proper and doesn’t blow it to pieces!! Oh, and he’ll be due Nick more than a few beers for all his help.

Cheers, Marc.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Morning Marc, well happy days at last for him! deserves it after all that work and drama. Would like to know what the rear main seal looks like, I’m guessing it must be in a large alloy detachable housing and the lower edge of that must be permanently submerged in sump oil because there is no way an actual main seal will pi$$ oil out like that just sitting there, especially on an engine that has no oil pressure or run yet! so thats a wee worry. The pillar gauges are werry rice, er I mean very nice if you like that/need that sort of thing ! I also hope he has replaced all the clutch cover bolts with new ones and not just undone the overtorqued ones and retorqued to the lower poundage as they will have gone into their plastic stage /past yield points and will probably break clean off at the first hard launch ! looking forward to some test drives now and the lovely d-nice’s boat.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

episode 16 anyone? as marc is off driving his white one in the snow for a few days!!

https://youtu.be/5s45P9TKxUU

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@71-bda

Evening mate!! I feel terrible for failing in my duties!! Lol!! But I think I can redeem myself with this…….

https://youtu.be/X5HSk7GG0tU

The RS goes to Ford.

Cheers, Marc.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Just watched this and I think he is about to do something major regarding keeping the RS or maybe selling it once Ford have sorted it. As I was lambasted by a certain member on here regarding this DIY rebuild and my opinion. However that said I do feel sorry for him as he must be pretty low at the moment, maybe Denise can raise his spirits. He just took a big step up the wisdom ladder.

Coastliner

adh1964
    Participant

UK - Wales

well, what an effort you have to say, brave or stupid ?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@coastliner

Evening mate!! Yeah he looked pretty fed up didn’t he. Not surprised after all that effort over the last few weeks. Surely he can tell if it’s engine oil or gearbox oil?? I would think it’s the Main Crank Seal behind the Flywheel, it’s already been fitted twice and obviously not correctly. Not even sure you can reuse that Seal?? I don’t think he’ll sell it though, think he’ll get it fixed, get it back and get her ran in. Then he can start enjoying it again and start planning what he’s going to do next…… You don’t fit an Uprated Block for nothing??

Oh, and I must agree, I’m quite sure the lovely D’nice will lift his spirits, ??, she lifts mine every time I see her, haha!!

Cheers, Marc.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo

Its just a hunch that I have, he has put a herculean effort, I agree its possibly the rear crankshaft oil seal, as we all know gearbox oil and engine oil are massively different in viscosity and smell. I just wonder what else maybe not quite right as we all said this project is a major rebuild for even a professional tuner. I have gone down this route many years ago putting big valve heads on and high lift cams  and then remarking the pulley to advance the ignition timing to the engines new spec. I spent £500 on an engine in 1978 which was a big sum then to gain 35bhp. In some ways gains in power are cheaper these days in comparison. Would I do it again? probably not. Back to Denise what a lady to lift the spirits. I bet that Ford garage sting him for putting it right.

Coastliner

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

oh Marc what a shame eh? Thought it looked to good to be true. I did say the other day about my concerns and doubts over that much oil leaking without the motor even being run ! I bet he cant tell the difference in smells engine and gear oil have. I’m hoping he’s checked the gbox oil level

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

dont even mention that view of dnices bum !!

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Evening Gents!! Update from Ford as to what’s needing done!! Enjoy!!

https://youtu.be/Q1MCjee-L7I

Cheers, Marc.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 161 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to SHORT BLOCK UPGRADE!!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!