SHORT BLOCK UPGRADE!!

Home Forums Performance Engine SHORT BLOCK UPGRADE!!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 161 total)
  • Author

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Well as I thought Ford are going to make him pay $3300 which must be around £3k to put everything right. And he soldiers on you have to admire him.

Coastliner

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

wow thats a lot of dough just to cure a few oil leaks! If he had left the car alone he could still be enjoying a 10 year warranty and have spent more time with d-nice and the doog !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@71-bda and @coastliner

Well, I must say, I’m quite gutted for him!! He really has shown some BALLS taking on not just 1, but 2 massive jobs there!! He says he’s learned loads, which I have to agree with, coz I’ve learned loads about my RS just watching his videos. It takes somebody to actually go and do it so the rest of us can see. And you have to give him huge credit coz he’s spent the last 3 weeks not just ripping his car to bits and putting it back together but also trying his very best to put out videos on YouTube at the same time, which he obviously has to view and edit and upload etc etc. Credit where credits due as they say. BUT…. it looks like any part of the Engine that could possibly leak, IS LEAKING!! That’s unfortunate to say the least. Has he used the wrong sealer on the Timing Case and Sump, has he rushed it or maybe taken too long to put things together?? Is it bolts being tightened to the wrong torque?? I don’t know, not sure why he didn’t sort the leaks himself, maybe he’s not got time or the help he needs, maybe he’s just had enough after the last few weeks work as it’s been pretty hardcore and you could see he was F**KED!!

Or maybe, just MAYBE…. the lovely D’nice has put her lovely little foot down and said “RIGHT, that’s it, enough is ENOUGH!! I am a woman, a WOMAN WITH NEEDS, I can’t be ignored anymore, even when I prance around in my undies and that little crop-top that shows my under-boobage I still can’t get your bloody attention!! Your stupid RS isn’t the only thing round here that’s leaking all over the floor God Dammit…..  I need YOU NOW….. THAT CAR IS GOING TO FORD AND THAT’S THE END OF IT!!” Haha ????..!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@Brembo and @71-bda

I have the utmost respect for his efforts, and like he said its the first time he has done something as involved with a vehicle engine and transmission. Was it wise to do this to a relatively new vehicle worth a lot of money (well to me its a lot of money to pay for a car) maybe not good to gain experience on a new car that should be under warranty. Maybe he is not short of money, did I hear there was also a problem with the gearbox difficulty selecting first? He appears a good bloke who I could have a pint with, his chaotic approach to the work and too many fingers in the pie have not assisted. Did I really say too many fingers in the pie no pun intended chaps but it does bring an image into my mind. Looking forward to him getting his car back.

Coastliner

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Marc ! please stop mentionong underboobage ! next it will be side boobage and flat toned midrift and a peachy ar….

I see he mentions the clutch release (bearing) or slave cylinder perhaps, so wonder if that was the initial cause or contributory factor in him busting gears as that is now making 1st gear selection hard? I bet that twin plate clutch drags a bit too.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Marc, I see on his latest update he has a new puppie, so now he has a nice pair of puppies..

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

71-bda

He should get his RS back today, so expect an update.

Coastliner

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@71-bda

As Indeed does the lovely D’nice!! Now they both have a nice pair of puppies!! Haha!!

https://mk3focusrs.club/wp-content/uploads/forum_uploads/112019/ebbgy0crkmj4prydbwsjovlxj6x5jron.jpg

??.!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

where did you find that photo Marc!! top marks !

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@71-bda

I took it that day we all went to beach in Hawaii!! Haha…. ??.!

Cheers, Marc.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

ROLF !!

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Evening Gentlemen!! The RS is back baby!!

https://youtu.be/fOAZSdWntms

Hope all is well!!

Cheers, Marc.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Nice , he looks well happy to have ‘her’ back eh Marc ! I wonder if he has remembered to swap maps? I think he said he was changing to a low power mode map when he left it at the dealers so they couldnt blast it !

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

New update chaps he’s returning the car to almost standard putting the old block in. His oil catch can is filling up too quickly and I suspect the upgrades are not what he expected making his car unreliable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C63wnvekCFY

Coastliner

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

oh coast ! great minds think alike, I just saw that and put it up on its own thread literally 2 minutes before you!!

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 161 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to SHORT BLOCK UPGRADE!!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!