SHORT BLOCK UPGRADE!!

Home Forums Performance Engine SHORT BLOCK UPGRADE!!

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 161 total)
  • Author

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@71-bda

I think he is a likeable guy but god is he having an expensive education. remember when I said I wouldn’t want to buy this car after his ownership and was lambasted for the comment. With age comes wisdom, I wont say any more than that.

Coastliner

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@71-bda and @coastliner

Evening Gents!! Well I did see the Oil change/Catch Can video and thought WTF!! That didn’t look great!! Just watched this latest one and I must say I’m pretty gutted for him and also shocked that he’s going back to his stock Block??!! Can’t blame him really as he’s had way MORE than his fair share of issues.

But surely there must be an issue with that Block he got from Panda Motor Works?? Obviously he ran it in etc. and I can understand the dual Catch Can set up being required but surely what he was seeing in the Catch Cans isn’t right?? Not after a few hundred miles!! Loads of people out there running Upgraded Blocks without issue.

I’m surprised he’s throwing the towel in.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@Brembo & 71-bda

Gutted for him also, I don’t think we are getting the complete picture, wasn’t he also running water meth injection which is well out of my limited knowledge on tuning. Did he try and run it in with all that stuff on the car, my idea of running in is way different than his. This whole project must have cost him a kings ransom. The oil catch can stuff was alarming and although he had modified his car there are no two cars alike regarding modifications. Some have different intercoolers and de cat the car and buy upgrades from numerous suppliers, making it difficult to have a baseline to measure from. Even the guys using Dreamscience mapping and other mapping upgrades, have a variation of hardware. Probably the most common upgrade that’s been tried and tested is the mountune FPM 375 and as most of these cars have the same components fitted. It will be interesting to see if he is happy back to stock or will he trade it for a Mustang? Time will tell.

Coastliner

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Evening Gents!!!

The saga continues….

Round 2….!!! Removing Engine again to swap Block back.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

oh man what a life ! in out in out in out with the engine, but hey, at least we get to see D-nice chow down on a duff nut !! mmm. Shes going to get big soon I think.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo

I am a bit confused, I know it doesn’t take much to confuse me, but why hasn’t he done the compression test with the engine before he removed it? And he is saying it may need re ringing, he seems to be looking for faults that may not be there. And that work done at the dealers re the rear oil seal doesn’t look too smart for £3k. Just remember cranking the engine in situ some year ago for testing compression.

Coastliner

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Coast, he said it had a load of breathing/crankcase pressure and blowing oil out all over the show, I sent him a msg on the tube talking about not having his rings bedded in etc , as thats classic for new builds with synth oil, he told me he ran it in with proper running in oil so would expect the rings to be ok, but you never know, plus i think he let it idle for ages on first start, thats a good recipe for glazed bores and non sealing rings, ideally you want to break the rings/bores in asap under some load . Be interesting to see whats what and if he or his mate have the know how to read what they see when they strip it. I sent him the msg about doing a comp test AFTER he had already got the front panel and stuff off, so its probably something he wasnt going to do.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@71-bda

When you say that you think the lovely D’nice is going to get big … You talking about eating donuts or up the duff??

@coastliner

Yeah, why the hell did he not do the compression test on the engine when it was still in the car??

Yeah that Block has issues, hence the Crank Seal leaking and what he was seeing in his Catch Cans!!!!! Way too much pressure in the Crankcase!! The big question is – Was it a F**KED Block from Panda Motor Works or were there mistakes in the running in period?? We’ll probably never know??

Cheers, Marc.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

71-bda

brembo

He is an entertaining chap what with the lovely De nice and his tales of woe with his engines, he must have money to burn.

Coastliner

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@coastliner

Indeed mate!! Although I think all he’s really paid for are various tools on NUMEROUS visits to his trusty Tool Store and that bill to Ford!! Now I may be wrong but things like the Block he got from Panda Motor Works etc., does he not get that stuff for free and they get some publicity on his channel?? Is that not how it works?? Granted he’s doing all the graft, which I take my hat off to, I’ve done all the work on my own RS and always will (except the Head Gasket Recall). If he is paying for all that gear then he must be majorly P**SED OFF!!

Cheers, Marc.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

yeah, I thought he got most of the stuff free for giving them a plug in his videos, maybe with Panda engine they gave it to him at cost price and not free. Cannot see why he has not mentioned giving it back to them as it has such issues.

I think unfortunately D-nice is going to get pretty chunky on the doughnuts and generally bad American diet !!

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@71-bda

Who cares how chunky she gets, a few more curves wouldn’t be so bad. I couldn’t eat stuff like that I would balloon overnight. Maybe the engine block was at cost but still wouldn’t be cheap. What’s your views on those purple wheels, I don’t think they enhance the car at all in the looks department.

Coastliner

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Coast, I’m not getting the purple rims at all mate!! must be a young American thing!

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Evening Gents!!

Fitting Head to Stock Block…..

Cheers, Marc.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah just seen it, so as I understand the HG was leaking between number two and three and he is attributing the torque wrench to the possible reason. Good luck to him getting a refund from Ford, that said that sealant on the crank seal looks like its bee applied by a chimp.

Coastliner

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 161 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to SHORT BLOCK UPGRADE!!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!