So stealth he didn’t see it!

Home Forums General Members’ Cars So stealth he didn’t see it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

sebbcb
    Participant

UK - England

Doing a good deed for the community and got repaid with a dented door!

Whilst teaching 60 children fire safety at the fire station this morning the school bus reversed into my parked car ?

Got to say my insurance company (esure) have been fantasitc and have already booked the car in for repair.

Could have been worse and better still the driver at fault could have just used his bloody mirrors!

Anyway needed to share and rant over, pic below.

This is not an automated message.

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

Bad luck mate, hope the repair is top notch.

fcsrs2300
    Participant

UK - England

I tend not to be pleasant or helpful to anyone, it’ll save you in the long-run. #fuckeveryone.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Ouch sebb, hope you get it sorted out asap.

Honorary Member

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Oh Sebb… Disaster mate!!

At least if you’d needed cut out of the car you were at the right place, lol!!

Only kidding mate, she’ll be back on the road before you know it!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Sebb insist, or try and insist they match the paint real well so that they do not have to blend into the back door and front wing, otherwise they have to paint half way down the rear door and wing then clear over the lot to try and lose any differences in shade, then you end up noticing a colour change halfway down the rear door in some situations. I would only want edge to edge painting if it were me.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

sebbcb
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks all and fingers crossd it will be a painless experience. I’ll update this post when it’s all finsihed.

@brembo
    Haha yea true but no fun if I don’t get to do the cutting ?

@71-bda
    Good shout I will definitely insist on this cheers bud ✌️

Dan William
    Participant

UK - England

They can colour match the stealth grey almost perfeft so do edge to edge.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Sorry to see this. Hope you get sorted soon. As you say could have been a lot worse.

alloy
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Sebb,

I reckon if you had parked in the space, like the other side of the white line, the bus would have just missed you……………. only joking no one like to see there pride and joy hurt or anyone else’s for that matter. The other thing i was also thinking if it was NB i reckon the bus driver may have seen it. I’m just gonna go out and give mine a quick hug. Hope the RS comes back good as new.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

There are some crap drivers about, car parks are my worst enemy my RS rarely is left on its own in a car park.

Coastliner

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

For what its worth that’s not a bad colour to match.

Coastliner

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Very unlucky mate ?

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Sorry it’s happened to you, an absolute bummer.

sebbcb
    Participant

UK - England

Update

The bodywork company called me today to say an edge to edge paint job is not possible as requested.

The issue is the 3 types of paint they have do not match perfectly (photos below) so a blended paint job it is. Hopefully it will be a good job as my eagle eye will almost definitely pick it up.

I would really like the whole car to be done which is not an option unfortunately, I guess I’ll end up getting a wrap at some point to hide it all. Not ideal but got to work with what I have ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to So stealth he didn’t see it!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!