Sound compressor fix

Home Forums Performance Engine Sound compressor fix

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

stteb
    Participant

UK - England

Think this is the 3rd time i.ve.tryed to fit a sound compressor ,with time on my hands I,ll have a closer look,

found out that the sur clip is at the bottom right side , Can not move it around ,tried different sur clip pliers

the subframe ,drive shaft is in the way ……..so easy fix ..I just fitted the mountune dome hose over it ,and put the clip on

…..when started the engine ….guess what NO sound ……….but haven’t took it out for a run ….yet.

so save to pain ..??

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@stteb i bought a cheap one from screwfix… cut the handles down and bent to the shape i needed, it is a pain to do and depends where the holes have ended up from factory fitting in the circlip.. Go in from wheel arch so you can see better i found… ?

Davey
    Participant

UK - England

It is tricky to get off. I did it by jacking up, under tray off and I removed the front wheel arch screws, got better access. It’s also tricky to get back on..

robin-c
    Participant

UK - England

@stteb it probably won’t stay on it for long if I am understanding what you mean in ya post.

I.e if you have put the Mountune silicone part and clip over the original Ford alloy part with the small hole in middle.

The Mountune alloy part has a raised lip to stop the silicone dome part working its way off over time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Sound compressor fix. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!