space saver spare

Home Forums Performance Tyres space saver spare

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Author

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

RSJay a £11 one off fleabay, GOODYEAR, has a good deep slot for the pinch weld on sill and I stuck two pieces of firm rubber on the saddle part to protect paint in case..

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

its gone up a bit now..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Goodyear-1-Ton-Professional-Scissor-Jack-for-Car-Van-Speed-Wind-Crank-Handle/401804011578?epid=19034028161&hash=item5d8d62a83a:g:FIsAAOSwYV5dHR4C

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I know the car is 1.5 tonne, but Im only lifting up half of it max so 500-800 kilos max innit.

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Billth
    Participant

UK - England

That’s a neat job 71-bad, I’ve purchased a space saver wheel and want to fit it like you have, how did you cut the foam?

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

I used a hot wire cutter, the finish is quite good.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Bill, I simply used a hacksaw blade, not one of those blue flimsy  ones that are like 14 inches long, 1 cm by 1mm, I had a kind of thick one, normal length but about 1 inch by about 2mm thick, just used the blade not in the hacksaw frame, just bare blade in the hand(s)

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I thought about a hot knife but had visions of getting in a black hot sticky molten mess!

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

oh, its 14 inches long compared to std blade being 12″ and 14 teeth/inch

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Billth
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks, I will try the hacksaw method.  I hope I can get a neat job.

Norbert
    Participant

UK - England

Got my Jag space-saver and Jack now.Do I need any special nuts,seem to remember some chat about that long time ago,maybe I am wrong

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

Yep, you need the flat type jag nuts to suit the jag wheel, rs has tapered nuts

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to space saver spare. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!