Speakers quality

Home Forums Technology In-Car Entertainment Speakers quality

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
  • Author

cadjetRS
    Participant

United Kingdom

I think that Ford should recall all of these back and fit a better system for free. These were all bought in good faith, and myself based on my old car (now 8 years old with the DAB upgrade at the time) believed it should be as good or better. What does everyone else think?

Z K
    Participant

USA

Absolute garbage. I can’t believe the Sony system is the “upgraded” and “premium” option. I’m so disappointed in it. Especially the joke of a subwoofer that tiny…..for the price I would of expected much better.

2016 Ford Focus RS
    Frozen White — RS2 Package — Moonroof   (Took Delivery 07/16/2016)

Mountune Quick Shift — TurboSmart Dual Port BOV — AEM Air Filter — Debadged

tichy-cosworth
    Participant

UK - Wales

Ford got your money now so they don’t give a sh*t

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

So what are the after market speaker options? …..

Been reading on the US FocusRSorg forum about discounting the Fake Engine noise…. they have the module in the boot, is that because of Sync 3 or a regional thing, as I don’t have any modules to disconnect…..

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

mdickens98
    Participant

UK - England

Been playing with my audio system today to try and get my head round it as I couldn’t hear much bass in the car. Turned up the volume and looked in the boot, the sub is definitely working but sounds pretty awful, with the boot carpet down it rattles a LOT, what where they thinking? There doesn’t even appear to be any sort of crossover so full bass frequencies are going to the door speakers too causing lots of distortion on volume. Even on a basic install you reduce the bass to the door speakers if you’ve got a sub, it’s just logic! Has anyone found away to improve the sound on these systems? My previous 08 Focus ST sounded MUCH better and that didn’t have a sub so I was expecting an improvement, not a downgrade

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Take it back and get it sorted

Details are:
    3824 – Focus ST/RS poor sound distribution/quiet sound from rear speakers
    If a customer complains that the soud is coming mainly from front speakers and the rear speakers are too quiet, be informed that an improved Audio Control Module software is now released. Note that this update affects Sony Premium Audio System on ST/RS only. Please use SBD for guided diagnostic. Please choose the following symptom. Customer comfort and entertainment -> Audio -> Soundoutput -> speakers -> Poor quality/distorted sound from one or more speakers (not all).

Honorary Member

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

@Matt: Follow bobcats suggestions first. Then remove the sub completely since it only adds annoying boom and gain some more booth space for your driving sneakers.

Tweak your audio settings to ‘driver optimized’, set equalizer to ‘Pop’ and crank up those treble, mids and bass controls. With a decent program material like this one [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km1AjXF2OcM ] you’ll be safe and sound and ready to enjoy 😎

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Had the new audio software 3824 installed on my RS when it was serviced a couple of weeks ago, the improvement was amazing. Can’t believe it’s the same audio.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Yep, red-leader, had mine done transformation was amazing

Honorary Member

rs_nay
    Participant

UK - England

I agree its not very good at all! my Mrs 2012 Kuga sound system is 100 times better and base is very good!

66′ Nitrous Blue RS

jonno71
    Participant

UK - England

I had a 2007 ST3 and the stereo in that was loud and sounded good. The next car was a 2009 S3, with the Bose upgrade coming from the Focus it was utter rubbish, no bass and just wasnt an easy listen. The stereo in the Edition is way ahead of the Bose in the Audi. However to be critical it doesnt quite have the same ability to rock as the 2007 ST had.

I’m thinking more smaller speakers ends up losing some of the ability of the older systems. That and class D digital amplification…

mdickens98
    Participant

UK - England

I wasn’t aware of 3824, sounds like a good option, however I have been playing with it more today and have learnt a few things.

Firstly, the sound coming out the rear speakers is much quieter and flatter than the fronts, although if anything the fronts have some weird setup where the levels are all out and I can’t really describe it but it sounds totally off.

Anyway, what I discovered is that if you sit in the back of the car you can really hear the sub and… it actually sounds pretty good. What i’ve ended up doing is adjusting the fader all the way to the rear then going back 2 notches, I can now hear the sub from the front of the car and the hyperactive front speakers are about the right level now to fill in the rest. It’s MUCH better than when I got the car although i’m now seriously thinking of getting the 3824 work done. Any idea what it actually does?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Matt, they plug the car into the Ford System and do a software update to the cars electronics

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

@ Matt have you gone to the bottom of the menu slider bar on the right in sound settings and made sure its set for “all seats” and not something else?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

mdickens98
    Participant

UK - England

@71-bda yep it’s set to ‘All Seats’ I tried changing it to Driver and if anything it sounded worse. As i’ve got it set up now I think it actually sounds pretty good, probably as good as my previous ST-3. Sitting in the back there is a substantial amount of bass, more than you’d get without a sub it just seems that it doesn’t travel to the front of the car well, guess there’s too much insulation/sound deadening going on but i’m pretty happy with it now so not sure if the 3824 work is going to make it sound any better

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Speakers quality. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!