Speakers quality

Home Forums Technology In-Car Entertainment Speakers quality

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • Author

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

just wished they had spent a bit more on headgaskets though !!  ( yes, thats tongue in cheek )

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

rampant
    Participant

UK - England

Well said Chris54.  I get exactly where you are coming from and respect that.

I am also in agreement with bda about his other car, in fact I’m salivating for more.  9,000 rpm on carbs must sound amazing and I bet it goes well too.  I part agree on the “drab” of modern premium German cars, yet part disagree too.  I so wanted an exuberant new Italian, but travel distance for new car niggles would be too much, so have settled on a sensible German.  Quite drab, but also a bit spangly in places, and most of all the full merino leather on the dash and doors is very-very-nice, verging on the exquisite, in fact, while still also being a bit sober.  Quite a conflicted personality, no?

Although I’m no millennial, I’m very partial to my heated RS steering wheel.  Lovely on a cold winter morning.

Of course everyone is right about spending money on the drivetrain rather than the interior, but you know what?  The interior is inherited from another model, which, really, Ford should have got right in the first place and that would’ve rendered this discussion a non-issue.

I also echo the comments about 4 good speakers and about head gaskets (facepalm)

Cheerz

Mark H

// ’17 Nitrous Blue // Forged Alloys // Michelin Super Sports // Painted Calipers // Sync 3 // Lux Pack // Winter Pack // Black Gel Spoiler Badges // Blue Gel Wheel Inserts // GTechniq Liquid Crystal // GTechniq Alloy Armour // sold Jun ’18

indyrs
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi All – was just going to ask, approximately how long (time wise) does “3824 – Focus ST/RS poor sound distribution/quiet sound from rear speakers” take to apply on the ACM with the required software update?

I had my car serviced last week and the service team have mentioned to keep the RS for a day i.e. not to falsify my expectations nor waste my time whilst onsite… I wish it was something I could do myself and just wanted to know out of curiosity what the rough install/update time is please – if anyone knows?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@indyrs, they had mine a couple of hours. I think I had two free coffees as well.

Honorary Member

pgregory
    Participant

UK - England

i agree with bobcat,

Ford garage told me it took just over two hours to do the speaker software update

indyrs
    Participant

United Kingdom

@bobcat & @pgregory – cheers for the info, much appreciated!

I have mine booked in at the end of the month and will see how it goes… will keep you posted!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

hey Indyrs !! hows it going, have you broken into the 300 mile zone yet?  😎

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

indyrs
    Participant

United Kingdom

@71-bda, how are you doing matey :)… I’ve been really busy and missed the last 2 meets, so haven’t had a chance to catch-up with you!!

I have done one better – now at 400miles (woop, woop) and now on my 2nd tank of fuel with the car, lol.

Just wanted to get all these software updates out of the way, you done the ACM on yours?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

hey don’t wear it out Indy !! I don’t even know what an ACM is ! , if you mean the sound software thing, I think mine was done from new as it sounds fine to me, rear speakers are working ok. oh, if you mean the headgasket, no, just waiting for a letter, or for a misfire , whatever comes first I guess! Hopefully make this months meet, last one I was on hols, the one before I got the date wrong and missed it, and before that I think it was pi$$ing down !

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

indyrs, had my car serviced a couple of weeks back and mentioned about the speaker issue. I was told it needed a Sync update that would take 8 hours so decided to have it done when they do the Head Gasket.

pgregory
    Participant

UK - England

@paul-m

thats rubbish,

sync 3 update takes about 40 mins max and you can do it yourself

the speaker update takes about two hours but does need Ford to do it

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Agree with pgregory, two hours once in the workshop ?

Honorary Member

indyrs
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi All – I finally got both the PCM and ACM updates done today!! I have to admit, through ownership I haven’t driven the car much but noticed that the sound setup was a bit ‘tinny’ overall for a so called ‘premium system’ and had to crank up the volume for a decent level of sound = purely my user experience.

The dealership had the RS from 08:30am –> 13:30pm (I think the main tech was pretty booked up today) in order to apply the updates; I was given a courtesy car (66 plate Fiesta) and immediately noticed it had much better sound/volume/quality than the RS – how weird!

After the update, I feel there is better sound distribution overall and can finally hear the sub doing its job, if your experiencing the same I would recommend checking to see if your vehicle needs the required update – it would have been good to test a car that hasn’t had the update vs one that has with the same tunes, one after each other just to be sure. However, replaying the tracks I put through the system in the morning to after the update – is noticeable.

tina_rs
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all, I’m new here. I bought my RS only two weeks ago and I’ve been looking at these forums to see what people have done in regards to upgrading the speakers as I think they sound a bit poor at higher volumes. I then came across the posts about the update to fix the issue with the quiet rear speakers, I even followed the link in another post to the Ford Sync update website, input my VIN and it says my Sync 3 is up-to-date. Is there another way to check which firmware my Sync is running? I only ask as people seem to agree that the update helps a great deal with the audio and I’d like to check I’ve done everything before looking at aftermarket options

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@tina_rs

Its in the information on the screen not sure how you get to the screen but all the info is there including the Vin number.

Coastliner

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Speakers quality. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!