Speakers quality

Home Forums Technology In-Car Entertainment Speakers quality

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Ask the dealership if your car has or requires the 3824 update

Details are:

3824 – Focus ST/RS poor sound distribution/quiet sound from rear speakers

If a customer complains that the soud is coming mainly from front speakers and the rear speakers are too quiet, be informed that an improved Audio Control Module software is now released. Note that this update affects Sony Premium Audio System on ST/RS only. Please use SBD for guided diagnostic. Please choose the following symptom. Customer comfort and entertainment -> Audio -> Soundoutput -> speakers -> Poor quality/distorted sound from one or more speakers (not all).

Honorary Member

crunchie
    Participant

UK - England

Wasn’t there an update some time ago concerning this?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Yes crunchie, but some people haven’t or just didn’t go and get the upgrade. Second hand cars are now coming onto the market and it’s possible some past owners didn’t bother do anything about it

Honorary Member

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Still sounds crap afterwards. So upgrades will still be required by the discerning listener.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

disagree! the sound after the update is night and day better, beforehand there was no sound out of the rear door speakers and the output from  the subwoofer was minimal, after the update you can actually hear the rears working and the sub !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Have agree after the sound upgrade it’s so much better. Even the technician who did the upgrade said he couldn’t believe the difference.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

I didn’t say the service fix wasn’t much better, I said the system is poor sound quality even when updated.  Still one of the worse car audio’s have had or heard.  It’s very hard and brittle sounding, very “digital” sounding in a negative sense. It has little musical virtues or timing, very synthetic sounding.

The speakers will be made down to a price as many volume manufactures are,  probably about a euro each, shame that even as the optional better system it still sounds poor.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

gareth100
    Participant

UK - England

Is there anyway of telling if my ACM has been updated? It was updated august last year

j4yse
    Participant

UK - England

I have posted this elsewhere but thought it would be better in this topic

Just for info if anyone wants to know. Im the second owner of this car and one of the first things I noticed was the poor sound from the SONY 10 Speaker Premium sound system. There was virtually no sound from the rear speakers or the boot subwoofer,
    the car is a 2016 model. I took the car into Fordthorne in Cardiff after a booking. The Service Manager was very helpful and looked up more information about the problem. When the car went into the Dealership the update for the Audio Control Module ( ACM ) it took about two hours. After the update I spoke to the Technician who was involved and he was very helpful and took me through the full process and the software that was used but he hadn’t yet tested the sound output. When I started the car up and turned on the Audio the difference was amazing! Full sound from the rear speakers, full sound from the subwoofer and also full sound from the tweeters that I hadn’t noticed weren’t working. The car now sounds and feels like it has a premium audio system (there are better ones out there) and is as it should have left the factory, if anyone is trying to decide whether to get this done i can definitely recommend it! Top marks to Fordthorne in Cardiff, sometimes we are quick to slate the dealers but I would like to give this one top marks.

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Speakers quality. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!