Spotify through the SYNC2 ????

Home Forums Technology In-Car Entertainment Spotify through the SYNC2 ????

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Darren Bishop
    Participant

United Kingdom

Now I’m really not a fan of the SYNC 2 system…its fiddly, slow, its not intuitive, there are too many stages to complete simple tasks etc….however I have just read in ‘the about the car’ section that I can access Spotify through the applink thingy…

“Once a mobile phone has been paired with SYNC2, a range of optimised apps – including Spotify – can be accessed through an interface known as APPLINK.”

Now I have spent an hour or 2 playing with the SYNC 2 system and not found any available apps or anyway to access Spotify.  Is it me or is this a feature we dont get in the UK?

Julian Holling
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi Darren,

I play Spotify through my iPhone via Sync2.  Once your phone is  paired, you need to go to the option on the audio screen (you need to scroll down and I think it is second bottom option)  and select that one (Can’t remember the name of it off hand but will confirm later when I get home).  Pressing play on Spotify on the track you want to play should play via Sync2.  Hope this helps.  If not, I’ll have a play later tonight and make a note of the steps and settings and reply again to this post.

Stage 2 Clutch, Dreamscience iMap DS-Ultima 2+

Darren Bishop
    Participant

United Kingdom

Thanks Julian, but isn’t that just playing spotify on the phone with the sound coming out of the car speakers via Bluetooth? As opposed to there being a Spotify app via the Applink in Sync 2??
    <div style=”width: 0; height: 0; visibility: hidden; opacity: 0; position: absolute;”><object id=”kpm_plugin” type=”application/x-KPMPlugin”></object></div>

Julian Holling
    Participant

United Kingdom

Yeah.  Id din’t realise Sync2 could install the spotify app.  Maybe I should do some more research if it can 🙂

Julian Holling
    Participant

United Kingdom

@Darren,  unless I am mistaken, Applink just gives voice control (and button control) over the Spotify App … http://www.ford.co.uk/OwnerServices/SYNC-and-Bluetooth-Support/SYNC-with-app-link   (This is a couple of years old so unless they have updated Sync2 it should still be current)

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

I’m reading that sync1 could, but sync2 can’t. Something about applink. For sync2 its recommended you use Bluetooth; it seems that sync3 will be able to use the feature, though. I don’t know if that makes any sense to anyone.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Im happy to say I have absolutely no idea what you lot are talking about! I’m good with progression holes and holes and emulsion tubes etc on webers though !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

“You can use a frotting pencil on that, rude to the look-out valve on the fumpspoke and you can cut out the felching altogether. As long as you rim the satchel-arm properly first.” – Hugh Laurie.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Spotify through the SYNC2 ????. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!