Ss tuning gear knob

Home Forums Styling Interior Styling Ss tuning gear knob

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Twigs
    Participant

United Kingdom

Received my ss tuning gear knob , quality is amazing.

milks
    Participant

UK - England

Looks great mate. I ordered the same thing on the 1st of March. Waiting on them to let me know it’s complete.

Twigs
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi milks….. mine took 7 weeks , chase Richard ever now and then

Sds
    Participant

United Kingdom

Was this difficult to fit.?.

mooncat
    Participant

UK - England

Look’s awesome, I’m defiantly getting one of these!

Twigs
    Participant

United Kingdom

@sds , no mate took 2 mins , unscrew old one , screw on new one , easy

Sds
    Participant

United Kingdom

Read on another post on this forum that fitting is tricky?  Did yours come with the gaiter?

Twigs
    Participant

United Kingdom

Yes it did , but mine is being put on by the people who do all my mods , as I did not fancy that bit as it is not straight forward and I would mess it up.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Ive got a big knob on now too!! and @sds, its a piece of cake, 45 seconds max, hold the lower silver bit, undo the original knob ( it is fairly tight, but dont worry, it comes off fine ) then put the new one on making sure the spring is still seated in the cup around the gearstick/gaiter bit. I didnt bother changing the gaiter, happy with the original one, so its a bit of a waste really and a fair bit of dough just for a knob.

I have not driven with it on yet, it is quite chunky , looks good though, and might just not be as slick as the std one to use….

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Mike – I’ve also ordered one of these. With it being chunky, it might be easier to use with a short shifter. I’ve just fitted a Mountune SS that reduces the throw by 25% which means a larger knob isn’t so cumbersome. I hope!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

yes, i was thinking along the same lines, let me know how you get on once you have them both on ! My knob took about 2 months to arrive.  I’m used to it now, I do fancy a bit shorter shift, but not those ones at 40, 50% etc, they must ruin the gearbox syncros and make it stiif, I think as you are 25% is probably a nice compromise. The Mrs likes it and often strokes mine while I’m driving, so thats a benefit too I guess !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Mike – I posted the following on a related thread. You might find it useful:-

I’ve also be debating whether to change the gaiter when mine arrives. I think your guy is spot on when he says it would be better to fit it to a separate frame so it’s easy to refit the OE gaiter if ever needed. If it helps, I’ve just found out that the frame is available separately (from the gaiter) by quoting part number F1930941 at £30.62 , incl VAT.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I actually think the std gaiter is better quality and don’t like the  little ‘designer label tag’ sstuning gimmick on the sst one, so more than happy with the std one.

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Alcantara material (same as the RS shell seats) is naturally thinner than the leather used in the std gaiter.

Just to add to my post above, the chrome reverse thingy is also needed as this isn’t supplied by SS.

Isn’t the SS tag really small, Mike?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

@ pnp , tag is maybe an inch by 5mm ? just don’t like it, I think you can still fit the ss gaiter using the ford std ring, there is a clip inside it i think that you release to swap it over.

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Ss tuning gear knob. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!