Ss tuning

Home Forums Styling Interior Styling Ss tuning

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Twigs
    Participant

United Kingdom

has anybody brought the ss tuning gear knob and gaitor , if so any good and what was the delivery like as I have never used them.

Pat Godfrey
    Participant

United Kingdom

I have, spot on and the quality is superb…..I’ve never seen packaging like it…..like a GCSE woodwork project ! So not chance of transit damage

It took a few weeks to arrive but that was explained by the rep Richard Pryce….very helpful guy

loads of choice options

Twigs
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi pat , was it easy to fit and do you get instructions

Pat Godfrey
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi Peter

I’ve  not fitted it yet as my car is still away being modified

I can’t see it being anything difficult or would take more than a few minutes … but message Richard Pryce at SS Tuning he will explain and help you

Twigs
    Participant

United Kingdom

Thanks pat , your right Richard seems top bloke , out of interest what you having done to your car.

Pat Godfrey
    Participant

United Kingdom

All sorts Peter….too many to mention here

norwichrs
    Participant

UK - England

Hi,

Lots of options – very helpful and delivery is 4 – 6 weeks. I ordered mine about 4 weeks ago and waiting.

Twigs
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi  Norwich rs , looking at ordering , let me know what you think too

Ukjon
    Participant

United Kingdom

Ordered mine November.

Arrived last week!

Can only speak as I find. Had to keep chasing SS Tuning and Richard Pryce – but we got there in the end.

Not yet fitted it, but as has been said seems very good quality, as was the box it arrived in.

Regards

norwichrs
    Participant

UK - England

I put my order in five and a half weeks ago and Richard said it can take up to 6 weeks. I chased him last week for an update – he said he’d let me know but haven’t heard as yet…

Ukjon
    Participant

United Kingdom

Richard did usually come back to me, but I also did have to chase him

Regards

norwichrs
    Participant

UK - England

OK so here’s an update – 7 weeks and still no gear knob and gaitor. Chased Richard up (again). It turns out mine is being built in this batch but he didn’t know how many there were to build and how long it would take.

Slightly annoyed at timings but hopeful that the product quality will make up for it

Ukjon
    Participant

United Kingdom

Finally got round to fitting mine – or did I…………….?

As I sometimes fall foul of that well known ocd disease, dropped by my local dealership as am friendly with a very thorough and obliging technician and the assembly was soon it bits.

However to cut the story short, he decreed that this was not a 5 minute job. Knowing my ocd tendencies he advised that due to the sturdy way the OE gaiter was fixed to the its rectangular frame, there was a risk of causing damage said frame when removing the gaiter.

Looking at the new alcantara gaiter, the mounting points where it would affix to the rectangular frame did not seem as substantial as the original OE gaiter – and seemed to be glued or heat welded?

So we just clipped it back together and attached the new knob for the time being.

Whilst he has offered to source a new replacement rectangular gaiter frame and look at options of permanently attaching the alcantara gaiter to it:

How did the rest of you fit the gaiter? Did you just pull the OE one off and put the gaiter frame lugs through the slits in the base of the new gaiter – and job done?

Thanks.

norwichrs
    Participant

UK - England

Ok – so it finally arrived today which makes it under 11 weeks. I was told it would be 4 – 6 weeks.

The packaging etc is lovely and the item itself is excellent build quality. But I have to agree with Jonathan from a practical point of view. You can just put the new knob in

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

SS tuning. They have ways of making you torque.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Ss tuning. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!