ST to RS

Home Forums General Newbie ST to RS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

jcmanc72
    Participant

UK - England

Hello. After nearly ten years owning and loving my orange (of course) ST3, I’m two weeks away from picking up my new NB RS. Both my partner and work colleagues are sick to death of me talking about it and possibly just want me to collect the car and to STFU about it. I don’t fancy their chances. So just think of me on the 31st at the dealership jumping up and down clutching my privates as I take delivery.   Nice.

NB/Lux/Winter Pack/Forged Alloys/Blue Calipers/Old Man Chairs

adw
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome mate. Don’t worry my fam friends and co workers feel the same towards me haha

Mods:

AccessPort / Stratified tune + STuned extended pops & bangs + custom pop and bang intensity / Boomba Racing short throw plate / DMB inlays / Mountune air filter / Mountune RMM / Mountune Recirc / Milltek Non Res Cat Back

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

I remember the anticipation feeling before I picked mine up, you’ll love the car.

I’ve never driven an ST, but I’m told there is a world of difference.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome John, congratulations on your upgrade you will not regret it. Hope all goes well for you when collect your car,don’t forget to take lots of pics.

Honorary Member

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Welcome John, good choice. I had an ST3 myself before the RS. After a few rides in my beloved Rosie the ST felt just like a silly soapbox 😎

Ah, and yes, prepare a workout for your facial muscles – for the permanent grin ?

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome to the forum John. The RS is a stunning car with lots of smiles to the mile, had mine a year and still keep talking about it. Good choice of colour, looks very special in the sun. ?

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

One thing I must add, I’ve never had so much interest in any of my cars as I’ve had with the RS. I’m talking about day to day stuff like comments at a petrol station, people walking past the car etc. All complimentary  of course.

I’ve owned lots of performance cars in my time, including TVR’s (and I still own a Griffith 500) but the RS generates the most interest & comments.

jcmanc72
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers for  all the kind comments. Just to let you know that I’m not childish enough to even consider such an act as counting the sleeps before I collect it.

For the record it’s 8 (Not including the night before)

Martin71RS
    Participant

UK - England

I went from st to rs so much better in every way enjoy

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Wait til the night before collection. No sleep at all 🙂

jcmanc72
    Participant

UK - England

4 hours and 20 minutes to go…

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

@jcmanc72: And? How was it? Did you feel the warm thrill creeping up your spine and the broadening of your facial muscles? Drive safe 😉

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Pleased you have now got it, looks great. Happy motoring in the RS.

jcmanc72
    Participant

UK - England

It’s fantastic. Love it. Quick question. Am I not hearing any exhaust pops etc simply because I’m driving it like a Nun to start with? I put it in S mode and it doesn’t sound any different… 

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Think you need to give it a bit more loud pedal, needs to be over say 3,500 rpm and then backoff and it should pop and bang if in sports mode. As it’s a new car you need to run it in first for the first 1,000 miles. Give it some more time and miles and it will pop and bang.?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to ST to RS. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!