Steeda UK Driving Experience Day

Home Forums General Events Steeda UK Driving Experience Day

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Since we are going to be working with Steeda UK we have been given the opportunity to join them at their popular Driving Experience Days next month.

Steeda Uk Driving Experience Day

Details

Friday, September 21 at 9 AM – 4 PM
    At North Weald Airfield, Epping, CM16 6, United Kingdom
    Price: £89 per car

About the Day

Have a blast with Steeda at North Weald Aerodrome!

Join us in 2018 on Friday September 21st to show off your Ford!

A full day of driving action, giving you the chance to learn how your car handles at the limit.
    Unlike a traditional track day, this airfield based days allows you to really push in a “one at a time” driving environment based on a huge open pan with nothing but cones to hit.

No Armco! No other drivers!

No helmets required, just a driving licence and a willingness to have fun in your car.

The day lasts all day from 9AM (but get there earlier to get your car ready and sign in etc) till 4pm, and we firmly believe its the best fun you can have in your car for the money. Meet your fellow Steeda lovers and Ford owners and jump in each others cars in between your own runs to experience something different too.

Normally the day consists of mastering a high speed bend int he morning, then running a couple of small timed circuits in the afternoon.

Noise limits do apply however, so if you have a super loud car, you probably will be barred! *

North Weald is on the M11, one junction up from the M25.

Ticket is for one car slot so feel free to share the drive with your friend. If you dont want to drive feel free to come along and hang out and say hello! This should be a sunny (come on June!) and relaxed fun day out for everyone. Slots are strictly limited to maximise driving time for everyone so book now while they are available. Buy multiple slots and come along with your friends!

NORTH WEALD DRIVING DAY GUIDE

NOISE LIMIT
    All vehicles attending the Day must pass a static noise test of 105dBA before they are allowed to participate. The static test will be measured at 0.5m from the exhaust at 45 degree angle from the exhaust with the vehicle at 3/4 maximum engine revs. Should the car be unable to rev at 3/4 maximum revs, the vehicle will be subject to an additional drive by test (92dBA limits measured at 50m) driven by an instructor before being permitted to be used on site. No vehicle measured or suspected of exceeding the noise limits will be permitted to operate unless rectified and retested to be shown to be within the noise limits. No refund will be granted to any vehicles failing the noise limit.

If you would be interested please email me at kenny@mk3focusrs.club

Sennaboy
    Participant

UK - England

Looks like a good day out and rally day at castle coombe the next day happy days

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for the heads up Kenny, what a great opportunity to have a blast

Honorary Member

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Now I am the jealous guy, Kenny 😉

Why don’t we have airfields for weekend blasts in Switzerland? Couldn’t we swap an old airfield for an unused Alpine pass road in a bilateral treaty 😀

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

I’m not sure about this event.

If it is one at a time then more entrants means less track time per person

I’m not prepared to spend a lot of time watching other drivers.

Two entrants would be great obv

if there are even ten then we spend 90% of our time watching.

So what is the actual deal?

Can Kenny explain?

I’ve already sent him an e mail asking this a few days ago but no answer.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

See if I can find more details

andy-k
    Participant

UK - England

Guys, I have done ‘track days’ at North Weald in my Subaru Forester Prodrive. It’s not a conventional track day, but is a great opportunity to have a good blast and learn the limits of your cars handling. There are normally 2 or 3 areas that you rotate between so there is plenty of time behind the wheel, it’s just not like at a race track. Word of warning, it’s abbrasive grippy concrete and it eats tyres. When you consider the low cost of the day + factor in that you are either going to finish or badly feather your tyres, then it’s still a good opportunity to learn loads.

Edition, FPM 375

andy-k
    Participant

UK - England

I am going to pop along in the afternoon to take a look as it’s fairly local to me, is anyone in the forum taking part?

Edition, FPM 375

Sennaboy
    Participant

UK - England

Interested in attending not to sure what the format about attending

Sennaboy
    Participant

UK - England

Kenny how do we book for this event

andy-k
    Participant

UK - England

So, Friday’s muppet of the day award goes too …… me, for turning up to have a gander and the event was canceled – DOH. Well the bacon sarnie and mug of tea in the squadron cafe was worth the shot trip

Edition, FPM 375

andy-k
    Participant

UK - England

On the way to rally day at castle Combe, (with Waterproofs). Hopefully that’s not cancelled ?

Edition, FPM 375

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Yes sorry event was cancelled for this year but planning next years with Steeda

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Steeda UK Driving Experience Day. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!