Stone Chip!! :(

Home Forums Styling Bodywork & Detailing Stone Chip!! :(

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

rs_nay
    Participant

UK - England

Well after 500 miles of having my RS I get a chip! 🙁

Lorry just driving by me opposite way kicked one up and hit the lower rear drivers side door! Went with a right bang!

I sent a picture to Autoglass body repair just to see how much they would do it for! £189… On the driveway.

Is there a touch up paint available for my to do it??

66′ Nitrous Blue RS

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

From Ford dealership

Photograph

Honorary Member

rs_nay
    Participant

UK - England

Ahhh brilliant thanks Bobcat!

66′ Nitrous Blue RS

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Just a tip try using a cocktail stick first to dab in the paint, warm with hair dry (not hot) before you put the clear coat on.

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

and give that car a wash !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@bda, after yesterday’s run out mines looks like I’ve been on the Welsh Rally stage through the mud hahaha ?

Honorary Member

rs_nay
    Participant

UK - England

@71-bda just washed! Can’t keep on top this time of year!

Thanks for the tip bobcat!

66′ Nitrous Blue RS

sjacksonuk
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve been bit hit with a few this week. Got one on the tip of the bonnet. Got a touch pen waiting for me to collect tomorrow.

ukmd
    Participant

UK - England

I bought the touch-up set. Why are there four pots? I can understand that I need the paint and the lacquer but what are the other two?

adw
    Participant

UK - England

I found one on the driver side door whist washing last week too. Looks like it’s down to the base coat, not metal.

Considering getting a clear bra on the doors as I have one on the front and absolutely no stone chips on the front after 6K.

Mods:

AccessPort / Stratified tune + STuned extended pops & bangs + custom pop and bang intensity / Boomba Racing short throw plate / DMB inlays / Mountune air filter / Mountune RMM / Mountune Recirc / Milltek Non Res Cat Back

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@ukmd, yupp there’s only two it just happened I found a photo shot showing Two packs

Honorary Member

howsey2-0
    Blocked

UK - Wales

With the roads as they are, paint damage is an unfortunate eventuality. I just grab a £5 Halfords kit and paint it in.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

no chips on the body yet, just a few white pin head chips on the black forged alloys, no worries there though. I got a fun bonnet bra for extended motorway usage just to look an utter tool…

I will get round to fitting the mudflaps soon !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

howsey2-0
    Blocked

UK - Wales

You have a bonnet bra? You used to be cool, P. 

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

RS H, I havna used it yet, I got it for the Long drive down to Barcelona

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Stone Chip!! :(. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!