Sump Design Changes

Home Forums Performance Engine Sump Design Changes

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author

rst212
    Participant

UK - England

I think hillman998 has answered any questions about the gains of removing the Balance shaft extremely well.

The extra vibrations are very minimal in my opinion but I have the Mountune roll restrictor fitted which also give a small amount of vibration.

I can confirm that the engine really does spin up quicker on acceleration and does seem to make the car pull better and my mate who’s car was fitted with the second Mountune sump also confirmed this to me.

I have only had it fitted now for 2 weeks but after seeing the difference between the 2016 and 2017 sump I’m glad I have changed to the Mountune oil control system even more now.

I honestly was not aware from any forum chat or any word from Ford that the sumps had been baffled slightly on the 2017 cars but I now have the piece of mind that mines been done.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

If you want to reduce the rotating mass even further their is an aluminium alloy flywheel available.

Lightening and balancing on an old four pots such as the Ford OHV, OHC, YB, BD etc was a must back in the day and even today. Lightening the flywheel and crank made them rev up like my old Fireblade.

But without that extra mass the only negativity is their is a tendency for an engine to stall as the mass removed no longer pulls the crank around, but the performance advantages completely out weigh any downside.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

dan_i
    Participant

Romania

Hy guys, did this upgrade myself two days ago. The mountune oil control system and the BSD.

The engine revs more freely and the response is better, also you get to add aprox 0,9 quarts of oil.

This is good for the temperature of the engine

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Sump Design Changes. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!