Superchips

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU Superchips

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

marcspark
    Participant

UK - England

What’s people’s thoughts on the Superchips before I buy one

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Saw a video of one with SC and it did look good, but I would be going Mountune route just to keep the warranty intact and 375 should be enough, at least for a few years I would think !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

mooncat
    Participant

UK - England

I agree Mike, Mountune for me too!

dab
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I found superchips on my mk2 rs quite aggressive its was either on boost or off wasn’t a smooth delivery also car ran a bit lean

marcspark
    Participant

UK - England

Might wait a bit and see if anybody else has put one on there car first

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

I am sure @IanRS had a Superchips map on his Mk3 RS

marcspark
    Participant

UK - England

Hopefully he can give me some advice on it kenny

ianrs
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Marc I ran a superchips map off a handset I bought from demon tweeks, I installed it and a few miles down the rd the dash lit up and the car told me to get a service and went into a limp mode, this happened twice, I phoned superchips and they sent another map that worked on the car but it spooked me and took it off the car and got a refund, I’ve had a focus st mk3 and put a bluefin on with many other parts and got turbo flutter then checked the recirc valve and it wasn’t opening, I told superchips and they sent a new map to every st, after that the car was great but after the experience with the rs I’m going down the mountune route fitting the filter kit and recirc myself and getting for to put the 375 kit on so I keep my warranty hope that helps,

marcspark
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks Ian I think I will stay well clear of the Superchips and go down the mountune route thanks again

davey-f
    Participant

United Kingdom

Mountune Performance for me – never had a problem from my 5 visits to them.

Frozen White / Sunroof / Lux Pack / Sync 3 / M400X/ Forged Engine Internals / MT Oil Cooler Kit / Sports Cat downpipe with Cat Back V3 exhaust / high flow radiator / Cast Inlet Manifold / Quaife ATB / Wagner intercooler upgrade from MT / charge pipe V2 upgrade / Eibach brake hose kit / EBC discs and brake pads / Eibach rear spring kit / secondary intake kit / short shift / roll restrictor / PTU Brace / TWS Gunmetal alloys / 10W60 oil serviced & maintained by FJRS

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Superchips. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!