Sync 2 to 3 Official Upgrade

Home Forums Technology In-Car Entertainment Sync 2 to 3 Official Upgrade

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Sync 3 Focus RS

Owners of the Mk3 Focus RS now have an official Ford upgrade from SYNC 2 to SYNC 3.

Time appears to be 2-3 hours, but adding 290991 and 290993 may add additional labour charges.

For owners looking to book, you can point the dealers to TSB 17-1009 which has the detail below.

Please note this is a CUSTOMER COST option.

Parts Required
    Finis Code – Description
    1 849 484 – Coax cable
    1 823 821 – Cable Assembly
    1 925 403 – FCDIM
    2 117 358 – APIM
    2 026 703 – MEDIA HUB
    2 209 060 – Jumper wiring harness + SYNC 3 licence fee
    2 036 060 – USB jumper wiring
    5 371 906 – LVDS Four Pin Cable
    1 877 488 – GPS Antenna
    1 387 260 – Foam pad (10 off)
    6 740 772 – Cable tie (5 off)

Cost for parts £1390.18

Labour Times
    Coax Cable – Install (2.3 hours) – Operation No 710090K17
    IDS – Vehicle Connection/Communication (Includes select customer symptoms, reading and deleting fault codes in FordEtis IDS standard) – Operation No 29 099 1
    External Power Supply – Connection (In Conjunction with Diagnostic Scan) – Operation No 29 099 3

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I think the fact that Ford have done this proves they have not just left RS owners holding  a dummy, they are obviously on a program of continual improvement, so lets not get our thongs in a twist over the engine issues that are affecting a few % of cars so far.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

71-bda I agree that Ford do seem to be starting to look after RS owners, the early signs are good. Now let’s hope they are going to be proactive with the engine issues.

rampant
    Participant

UK - England

71-bda I’m beginning to suspect you may be a Ford “plant”.  Only messing.  Well, half-messing, anyway.

I agree that it is a good thing, that continual development is taking place.  However, there are much more significant priorities that, to the customer, at least, appear to be being swept under the carpet and ignored.  Wilfully ignored… that’s how it appears, anyway.

Yours Aye

Mark H

// ’17 Nitrous Blue // Forged Alloys // Michelin Super Sports // Painted Calipers // Sync 3 // Lux Pack // Winter Pack // Black Gel Spoiler Badges // Blue Gel Wheel Inserts // GTechniq Liquid Crystal // GTechniq Alloy Armour // sold Jun ’18

JamezRS
    Participant

UK - England

Hopefully my warranty claim comes through with a free upgrade because my Sync2 has been replaced twice already and still has a lot of issues! Now I can show them the costs of replacing it to sync 3!

James Amarah

M400R, KMS, Whiteline Ambassador.

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Someone on this forum is either in deep denial or is indeed a “plant” for FMC. LOL!

A couple of franchised Ford dealers I have spoken to have expressed surprise and concern that Ford have not done anything more proactive on the engine failures. One told me that it’s more than a year since they carried out the first engine replacement and they were now up to double digits for HG and engine replacements. Many owners that have had engines replaced, are not posting about their experiences, probably due to concerns around future ongoing warranty cover.

Is it better that Ford do nothing proactive and more engines fail as average mileages go up? Or do they get ahead of the problem by carrying out remedial work. The former course of action will eventually result in a shit storm of publicity which will not do much for either the RS brand or residual values.

Rüdiger Loos
    Participant

Germany

The problem is that Ford has stopped support for Sync2 long ago. But many customer still have severe problems with it. So what to do?

Ford offers a €1400,- update to Sync3 – but the customer has to pay.

For me this is no customer care, this is bulshit!!!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

How do you know Ford are not ‘proactive’ or have not already ‘done something’ about the headgasket/block liner issue? for all we know they could have designed and are currently making a new design of block with closed deck, it could be in production as we speak and could be fitted as standard in the next month or so, and could come on line for all present owners that have the problem as a direct replacement soon. just chill out and see what happens. I do not feel that Ford owe it to me to keep me up to date with what is going on, I’m more than happy to wait and see, its no real biggie. IF I still have the car in 5-6 years and there has been no satisfactory long term cure ( which I REALLY DOUBT) from Ford, AND my engine starts playing up, I will simply take the head off and pop in a closed deck conversion plate and the best headgasket available and carry on driving. Why lose sleep and your hair  over something out of your control? My boiler is 24 years old, do I worry it may fail soon?NO. its NEVER been serviced or had any work done on it, when it stops working I will replace it, until then, its the last thing on my mind. I guess all you worriers would have changed it ten years ago just  “in case” !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Er no, you are totally wrong Rudiger, if your sync2 goes wrong under warranty, Ford will put it right. IF you wish to upgrade your sync2 to sync 3 then you pay. Seems more than fair to me. Stop being a snowflake and expecting to have your arse wiped . Christ what ever happened to real men? Everyone is wimpy and compensation mad and expecting everything free.

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Clearly, real men are alive and well on this forum throwing insults from a distance, typed into a keyboard!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

pnp… real men do not worry about their local Ford dealer ” now into DOUBLE FIGURES” for changing gasket/engines in OVER a year !! really? big deal . Not even one a month. Ask them how many they have sold. I am more concerned about Mrs May offering the EU ANOTHER £20 Billion in divorce payments just to get the clueless greedy non elected eu officials to actually start talking about a deal. Lets just WALK AWAY.

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

peter marsh
    Participant

United Kingdom

Fully agree with that the quicker the better

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Real man – this is a forum where people discuss mk3 rs issues. Lots of other forums for EU, world peace, etc. Some owners disagree. Only a few use insults to get their point over. Walk away, real man!

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

But I bet you won’t.  Last word syndrome. LOL

jimbojambojumbo
    Participant

UK - England

Has anyone got a copy of this TSB only i want to install the OEM aerial and cable i have managed to get the aerial and i know i will need

1 849 484 – Coax cable but there is another cable listed 1 823 821 – Cable Assembly which my dealer says is up near the sync unit and Im not sure if i need this one as well the first cable is £160 the 2nd is £30

Im hoping the tsb itself gives a bit more description on where what part numbers go

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Sync 2 to 3 Official Upgrade. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!