SYNC 3? Better than 2?

Home Forums Technology In-Car Entertainment SYNC 3? Better than 2?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Echoman
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all,

just ordered a new RS yesterday and managed to get a cancelled order slot for October.   The guys at ford tell me my RS will come with the new Sync 3 system which apparently better than the 2.     Any body have this fitted?

pieman
    Participant

UK - Scotland

The chat is that builds on or after 23/09 will get SYNC 3. As of now all RSs are fitted with SYNC 2.

Stealth Grey

FPM375

Cobra valveless, non resonated cat back 🐍

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Well lets see I have a build date of maybe September or later, lets see what comes. I only ordered 15th November 2015, a little sarcasm from me please ignore my rant.

Coastliner

pieman
    Participant

UK - Scotland

That’s a disgrace Stephen. I ordered in January & may have an October build date although it’s not confirmed. That’s in line with what I was told to expect. I simply don’t understand how Ford organise the order that each car will be built, it certainly doesn’t go in date order.  I didn’t spec the Lux pack as nothing in it appeals to me and resale value doesn’t concern me but other potential owners on another forum who have ordered it and have been given a build date after 23/09, say that their order shows as ‘Premium Nav SYNC 3’ on Vista.  My dealer sent me a screen shot of my order the other day which is now showing as a 2017 MY, was previously 2016.75 MY. Dealer states that this relates to the vehicle specification, not when it will be built so fingers crossed for a SYNC 3 upgrade for free.

Stealth Grey

FPM375

Cobra valveless, non resonated cat back 🐍

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

To Pieman,

Yes it is disgraceful I know of some who ordered March 2016 and have their cars. Its very erratic. I have specked everything except active city stop and shell seats.  There’s a possibility that following the interest rate cut which will have little effect on the economy that Mr Chancellor may cut VAT to 17.5%. If that happens its over a £700 saving and maybe Sync3 what a result.

Coastliner

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to SYNC 3? Better than 2?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!