Sync 3 Software Updates

Home Forums Technology In-Car Entertainment Sync 3 Software Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • Author

davey-f
    Participant

United Kingdom

Anyone had issues checking for software updates. Connected to wifi and check for software updates but the circular symbol just goes round and round. I give up after 20 mins

My last successful update check was in February. The vehicle came with v2.2 already installed. Just peace of mind really – shouldn’t take 20 mins to check should it??

Frozen White / Sunroof / Lux Pack / Sync 3 / M400X/ Forged Engine Internals / MT Oil Cooler Kit / Sports Cat downpipe with Cat Back V3 exhaust / high flow radiator / Cast Inlet Manifold / Quaife ATB / Wagner intercooler upgrade from MT / charge pipe V2 upgrade / Eibach brake hose kit / EBC discs and brake pads / Eibach rear spring kit / secondary intake kit / short shift / roll restrictor / PTU Brace / TWS Gunmetal alloys / 10W60 oil serviced & maintained by FJRS

malcirs
    Participant

United Kingdom

Same for me – hoping it means everything is up to date. Would be nice to get a message though to that effect…!

davey-f
    Participant

United Kingdom

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Not much info in the handbook. How long do you give it before it’s happy no updates required.</p>

Frozen White / Sunroof / Lux Pack / Sync 3 / M400X/ Forged Engine Internals / MT Oil Cooler Kit / Sports Cat downpipe with Cat Back V3 exhaust / high flow radiator / Cast Inlet Manifold / Quaife ATB / Wagner intercooler upgrade from MT / charge pipe V2 upgrade / Eibach brake hose kit / EBC discs and brake pads / Eibach rear spring kit / secondary intake kit / short shift / roll restrictor / PTU Brace / TWS Gunmetal alloys / 10W60 oil serviced & maintained by FJRS

ellismc
    Participant

UK - England

Mine wouldn’t find updates and has crashed a couple of time, so I booked it in to be checked. They have now ordered me a new unit, as they couldn’t fix it.

davey-f
    Participant

United Kingdom

Let us know how you get on

irelmo
    Participant

UK - England

Mine is the same? I just put it down to BTs most powerful router being unable to work through Windows.

ellismc
    Participant

UK - England

I will do guys, I’ve tried virgins best and my iPhone hotspot. They have ordered the new unit and booked me in for 3 weeks time. I was having a few more issues with it though;

wouldnt update since January, regularly looses gps and won’t get it back until car turned off, sometimes won’t connect to my phone or find maps until car turned off and while touring Ireland on my the whole unit turned itself off for about 2 mins.

coupe20vt
    Participant

UK - England

mrdream169uk
    Participant

UK - England

Apparently there is another update according to Ford CRC which gets released April 1st or is it a April fools day joke ??

mrdream169uk
    Participant

UK - England

Ive just checked the link in the last post before mine and there is another update available so looks like no joke installing as I type this

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

Version 3.0 has just been released on the Ford Website – uploaded it to the car last night

stuart cameron
    Participant

UK - Scotland

3.0 avail now as an update, took it’s time to update on the car then  got told other day by CRC that there is another update due early April but they could not confirm to me if it was another Sync software update or maps. Tried to ask my dealer but they couldn’t answer the question either.

Michael Ramsden
    Participant

UK - England

Updated to Sync 3 v3.0 this morning via USB. Seems to have installed but mobile apps isn’t working now which means I can’t test to see if Waze is working. Also, can’t find a changelog anywhere!

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

My Android Auto app disappeared off Sync when I updated to 3.0 last week.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Is Waze a better navigation system than either the Google or Apple TomTom or just the same, or another option? Any advantages?

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Sync 3 Software Updates. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!