Sync 3 Software Updates

Home Forums Technology In-Car Entertainment Sync 3 Software Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • Author

smokingkills
    Participant

UK - England

I did the update this morning.  I can’t see any difference ?

masrs
    Participant

UK - England

My local Ford dealer wouldn’t do the Sync update despite car being in for recall. Said I should do it myself as they have to charge me 3 hours labour for it as it takes so long.

Guess I’ll give it a shot myself tomorrow!

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

updated to version 3.0 easy peasy, only issue is the ford sync update system page portal thingy now wont except the update log file, so now i cant check on it for any future updates as it thinks i’m still on version 2.3. usual response from ford — seek help from dealer — dealer said nothing they can do as sync portal run by ford, unless i want to get charged for them to look at it — back to ford — usual response, seek dealer help — back to ford — they give me fords technical service number ( at £1 per min) or post address(how dated) — ford wouldn’t give an e-mail address for technical(bit too modern for technical!!)  — phoned ford and hey they have a dedicated sync help option, result you would think, nah they sounded absolutely lost on my question and gave me the £1 min tech line number  — back to ford—they finally asked for usual reg/ vin / owner / address of owner ect ect so it can be put into a case file — 2 wks have passed and nothing received. Top service i think NOT from ford for a private new car purchaser of there top of the range sports car. They got my money now go away.

pjcallow
    Participant

UK - England

I was reading on another forum that someone updated to 3.0 and never uploaded the log file to the ford website. After a couple of days they checked the website and it said they were up to date.

The only conclusion was that automatic updates were enabled and they were connected to wifi. They believed sync 3.0 connected to the server and told it that the update had successfully installed.

My suggestion would be to connect sync to wifi and check for updates. If you are not near wifi then maybe try and personal hotspot of your mobile one.

Hope that helps.

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

tried wifi update numerous times and it wont check for updates(before updating to version 3.0 wifi update used to work fine), just keeps coming up with update unsuccessful or something along those lines and last update date shown is before i upgraded. got inquiry with ford ongoing but no response back yet.

G4DDS
    Participant

UK - England

I updated to 3.0 and it never created the log file so I could not upload it obviously. Initially website still offered me the download but after a few days it said I was up-to-date so I can only assume it connected via wifi and updated the server.

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

I book the car in for some warranty bits and pieces today and was told that SYNC3 would be upgraded to v3.0 complete with updated maps. Very impressed that they were doing map upgrades as well. Version 3.0 sorts out several software bugs and system issues including the crashes and differing mileages between the two screens. Something I suffered with since the upgrade to v2.3.

Smoothound
    Participant

UK - England

Just tried to update mine by USB because WiFi is flakey. I’ve downloaded the file 3 times and it just fails with an error something like ‘lst err05’. I am now extremely peeved ???

Cheers

Phil

Smoothound
    Participant

UK - England

Now fixed and updated 🙂

Cheers

Phil

jonyscam
    Participant

UK - England

phil, what did you do to fix it?

Eddiewin87
    Participant

Australia

I successfully updated to V 3.0 Sync via thumb drive after 3 or 4 fails however when trying to update Ford about the successful update the Ford Australia website kept coming back with a error message saying try again.

According to the website the log file should be around 5MB however mine is 12KB only. I contacted Ford Australia customer service department via email followed up by a phone call (21 Jun 2018) with no real answer from the Ford representative and they said they will get back to me. I’m still waiting for an answer.

My Ford Owners profile says my current Sync is V3.0 so I am in the belief the RS has updated Ford of the successful update via wifi connection like others have commented on here. Also my Ford Owners profiles is still showing a option to download V3.0 Sync.

Annoyingly I thought this update would allow me to use Waze as my navigation app with apple car play however is doesn’t.

Aussie V8 rivalry is dead.

Holden V8 Traitor.

xForce 3″ catback varex exhaust

Mountune Cold Air Intake

Forge Recirculation Valve

Dreamscience Ultima 2

Magnetic Grey

Gel spoiler inserts

Smoothound
    Participant

UK - England

My file wasn’t accepted by the Ford site from the USB but I think the car did something over WiFi after the install concluded ??

@jonyscam
    Are you downloading the update on a Mac? I did and the inbuilt unarchiver was fiddling with the directory structure of the files

Cheers

Phil

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

Updated Maps to F7 today(unofficial update, official is F6.1) via https://s550.guru/how-to-update-ford-sync-3-europe-navigation-maps-to-f7/.

Fairly straight forward following instructions.

Note; sync 3 needs to be on latest Version 3.0.13 (Build 18025).

Ian F
    Participant

UK - England

The map updates are on the ford website too??

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

Blimey didn’t notice that, i had given up on the ford website ever updating the maps. The unofficial F7 update has been out for ages, good old ford to keep us waiting.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Sync 3 Software Updates. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!