Sync 3

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 87 total)
  • Author

marky-markrs
    Participant

UK - England

Whats the deal with this? Has anyone’s RS come with this updated version?

bronzehawk
    Participant

United Kingdom

I believe cars built from September will have sync 3 in the uk.

Key advantages it’s meant to support Apple & android car play

Al Kirk
    Participant

United Kingdom

I was told by my dealer last week that no RS will be fitted with Sync 3.

bronzehawk
    Participant

United Kingdom

@Allan

You’re dealer is misinformed.. but then again it’s probably a 12 month wait for the new cars with Sync-3 to arrive in the UK.

Al Kirk
    Participant

United Kingdom

If that’s correct then I hope my car has it when it comes next June. I wish dealers could get there facts straight.

bronzehawk
    Participant

United Kingdom

@Allan

Any concerns on the wobbly steering > 80 mph ?

I’m gonna need to arrange another test drive.

Al Kirk
    Participant

United Kingdom

Don’t know. I haven’t got my car yet lol

Julian Holling
    Participant

United Kingdom

@bronzehawk

I’ve experienced the skittish steering at over 80mph … Alarming at first but having done 2500 miles in mine since April, It has settled down and I no longer experience it … If the car you test drive has a significant mileage on it, you may not experience it anyway.  I now love my RS (was a little frightened of overtaking for a while).  Percevere and you shall be rewarded 🙂

Following on from this thread.  I have Sync 2 in my RS, what will be the benefits of having Sync 3 when it comes available, assuming it could be upgraded and what would be the approximate cost ?

Stage 2 Clutch, Dreamscience iMap DS-Ultima 2+

bronzehawk
    Participant

United Kingdom

@julian

did you alter the tyre pressures ?

re: sync 2 v 3. I believe the key significance is support for Apple & android car play

Julian Holling
    Participant

United Kingdom

@bronzehawk.  I did originally to 40psi all round as was originally suggested.  It made little difference to me.  Not checked them recently, maybe I should.  I think some people have also gone to the recommended pressures in the user manual (38 front, 36 rear ????).

In terms of my driving style, I tend to drive the car in traffic in the week (RS is also my daily commute) but I do open him / her up just to get the pop and crackle occasionally when no traffic in front 🙂 ).  I have however been a little naughty and on a good quality dual carriage way (More specifically on the A650 Keighley to Skipton road), red lined the car through the gears to 4th and no longer experience the skittish steering sensation I did when I first got the car.

bronzehawk
    Participant

United Kingdom

@julian
    awesome but can your confirm its on the same roads which you initially felt it being  skiddish?

Julian Holling
    Participant

United Kingdom

@bronzehawk

Not at the moment.  I’ll take a run out and go down the road I originally experienced it and see if it still occurs 🙂  I’ll feedback on the other thread for this as we seem to have hijacked the Sync 3 thread 🙁

marky-markrs
    Participant

UK - England

I was under the impression only 2017 cars will have sync 3. That been said, is there really much difference? What will the Apple/Android support offer above the sync 2, from what I see, not much. ?

bronzehawk
    Participant

United Kingdom

@Mark

You’ll need to google it.. but the newer Sync-3 is more responsive, i.e quicker.  I think it’s worth waiting for it.

marky-markrs
    Participant

UK - England

Iv just seen a post on FB by ford uk themselves if someone asking the same sync 3 question on 2017 models. There reply, “Yet to be confirmed”. So I can’t see 66 plate models getting it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Sync 3. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!