Sync2 latest EU language pack updates.

Home Forums Technology Navigation Sync2 latest EU language pack updates.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

R B Bane
    Participant

UK - England

Any news of a new EU Sync2 Language update.  I have an F6 EU map card, but accidentally updated the Sync2 with the 3.10 US update.  What the map shows is perfect.  But the US lady’s voice announces ridiculous distances.  It looks like there is a conflict between the EU map card and the US Sync2 update.

Can anyone give an idea when the next EU Sync2 Language update will be released, (following the previous 3.10 version).

Thanks.

Paul Welch
    Participant

UK - England

Hi, did you ever get an answer to this? I have a similar problem in that I bought a navigation upgrade for my Focus, which works ok, but I only have English US language and not an English UK option. The nav says things like intersection and freeway in an American accent? Just wondered if you had any info that may help?

R B Bane
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Paul.  No, I haven’t had any replies yet.  As you say, the voice accent is a US ladies voice.  This doesn’t bother me too much.  But it’s her spoken distances which are ridiculous.  When using a navigation route, the visual info is perfect, just her spoken distances that are nonsense.

After I bought this Navigation thing from a company in the US, it already had Sync2 version 3.08 on it.  I put a EU F6 map card in.

When I reported the nonsense spoken distances to this US company (by email), they helpfully sent me the 3.10 update.  I dutifully installed this, but it made no difference.  Of course, this update was the US version!

After a few weeks I found a EU Sync 2 update from the Ford India web site, hoping this would correct things.  But this was the 3.10 version as well, albeit the EU one.  But it would not install over the US 3.10 version, as the version number was not a later one.

If I hadn’t just installed the US 3.10 update, this EU 3.10 update would have gone in, hopefully correcting the language conflict.

So like you, I think, I await the next EU language pack update to be released, (that will follow the 3.10 update), probably numbered 3.12, or something similar.

Looks like they don’t release these updates very frequently!

ADAM Wawrzkiewicz
    Participant

UK - England

<!–more–>

jimbojambojumbo
    Participant

UK - England

You won’t get any more updates for sync2 the team that made the updates has been broken up and moves onto different projects, I rolled my sync2 back to an earlier version and then put the correct language pack on it for version 3.10

R B Bane
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Jimbo,

Please tell me how you “rolled back” your sync2 (euro language pack) to an earlier version (earlier than 3.10).  I have a downloaded copy of 3.10 euro update, but not surprisingly it won’t over write the 3.10 US version.

Many thanks in advance.

jimbojambojumbo
    Participant

UK - England

sorry i never saw your post at the time i rolled back to 3.08 then redid the 3.10 again

crunchie
    Participant

UK - England

There is a new SD card out,F8, for Sync 2. I got mine off eBay a few weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Sync2 latest EU language pack updates.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!