Sync3 dab signal

Home Forums Technology In-Car Entertainment Sync3 dab signal

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Jonathan Walmsley
    Participant

UK - England

1. Anyone got a solution for ready bad dab signal on the sync3. Had the exact system on my 2o17 st3 and it was great. Ps  same year Rs

TIA

mrdream169uk
    Participant

UK - England

My RS before I got rid of it had the same issue you haven’t brought my old car have you?

Reg ended FCO

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

has it got the original longish twig aerial or has someone swapped it out for an aftermarket jobby?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

srea064
    Participant

UK - England

Haven’t noticed a poor DAB signal, probably down to not using the Radio that much. What I have noticed though is, a bit of bad weather and the GPS signal disappears completely!?!

Steve – Magnetic Grey – Sold.

Hope to join Bobcat as an Honorary Member?!?

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Fitted one of the short FMC aerials a couple of years ago on my SYNC3 and dab stations are fine.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by red-leader.

Jonathan Walmsley
    Participant

UK - England

No mine ends in TOO. Mines not the twiggy type aerial ive got it booked at Ford tomorrow for an update see if that sorts it out.

Thanks for the response fellas

Josh1987
    Participant

UK - England

I put the short Ford aerial on mine and DAB is shit but use AndroidAuto and Spotify so meh

mrdream169uk
    Participant

UK - England

I had the same Sync 3 in my ST before my RS in the ST it was fine but in the RS it kept dropping the signal.

After the APIM was changed, the aerial base itself was changed, the wire from the aerial unit to the APIM was changed and guess what no difference. Raised issue with Ford themselves and took them 2 years to get all that done to say ” we can’t seem to fix it “.

It would work fine after the dealer reinstalled the Sync 3 software for around 3 weeks but then it would come back intermittently failing.

It really annoyed the S**t out of me especially on a long drive but found if it played up stop the car turn it off open the drivers door then wait 30 secs and then it would work fine

Good luck though

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Depending on stations the stubby aerial can affect some digital stations so I would advise trying the standard Ford aerial first.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Sync3 dab signal. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!