The car I always wanted.

Home Forums General Members’ Cars The car I always wanted.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

minimace
    Participant

United Kingdom

I always wanted a mk2 RS, but as I had just passed my driving test, it wasn’t going to happen, I started with a 1.25 fiesta, then a 1.6 diesel Zetec s fiesta, then a 1.6 petrol Zetec s fiesta, then a 1.0 ecoboost focus Zetec s, I then had 3 mk3 focus ST’s. As you can expect, when I saw the first mk3 RS pictures I knew I had to have one!

One day when I was at work I just picked up the phone, phone a dealer and put a deposit down, this was in October 2015, 2 days before the first price rise. Then came the wait, constantly looking on forums and reading about the car. My dad always said that I would get one, and I knew he couldn’t wait to see it! The car was built in April 2016 and I picked the car up in May, unfortunately 1 week after my dad passed away. It was my dad and his dad that got me into cars from a young age, so I took my grandad with me to pick up the RS.

I pulled into the dealers in my ST, and there was a nitrous blue RS waiting for me! What a amazing feeling, I never got the same feeling picking up other brand new cars, there is something special about that blue RS badge.

I loved the car from the start, but took it easy for the first 1000 miles. Then I started looking at upgrades, didn’t think I would spend much, just a few little bits I though. Haha yeah right, started with a mountune induction kit,mud flaps, private plate, short shifter, bonnet struts, pedal box and various other bits.

Then we come to now,I have done just over 4000 miles, and have loved every mile in the car. I now have carbon gear knob/gaitor on the way, having mountune hard pipe kit, recirc valve, SSC and exhaust fitted on Saturday, and have a M380 mtune on the way. Can’t wait, now all I keep thinking is what is next!

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Great write up @minimace – the car is a fitting tribute for your dad, sure he is very proud.

Car will be transformed to another level with the M380 🙂

minimace
    Participant

United Kingdom

Thanks kenny, got the email today to say my mountune handset has been dispatched!

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

I didn’t know I wanted this car until I walked into a Ford showroom last May. I wouldn’t call it an impulse buy (I’m not a rich man) but it was certainly an unexpected one. Your Dad didn’t get to see the car? He would’ve been proud that you’d been able to buy a car like this in the first place, he obviously did a good job. ??

minimace
    Participant

United Kingdom

when we went to the crematorium to pick up hid ashes I insisted that we go in the RS, few pops and bangs on the way home!

had the mountune axle back exhaust, hard pipe kit, re-circ valve and SSC fitted today, then put the M380 on, wow the sound is awesome!!

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

That’s beautiful, mate. Thanks for sharing that.  I’ll probably get something done in the summer. ??

minimace
    Participant

United Kingdom

jonyboy
    Participant

UK - England

I know how you feel

i lost my brother in law on 25 November 2016 and then my dad on 12 December 2016

i almost cancelled my order but on the way to the cremation for my dads funeral we passed a nitros blue rs parked by the roadside and that made me decide to get the car

I collected mine in January but sadly they never got to go out in it

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

The car I’ve always wanted, was lucky enough to drive one but could not afford ?

Photograph

Honorary Member

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to The car I always wanted.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!