The Daddy and the young Upstart.

Home Forums General Non RS Chat The Daddy and the young Upstart.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

After about 7-8 weeks got the two together at home for wash up and quick photo snap ( was too bright, so picture not so good).

Tweaks continue on the RS, suspension mapping, as I gain some feed back from the GR and apply to the RS.

GRY has it Cobra exhaust on now, geo set up done with revised settings (much better) and DTUK tuning box (290-300 hp)

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Looking good 👍

Honorary Member

faber
    Participant

France

Le top belle photos.

Gel DMB / Pieces carbone AWMODS / Frein a main carbone RS / Bouton carboneRS / Peinture noir mat pavillon + coques rétroviseur + clignotant séquentielle black / Feu arrières séquentielle black / Antenne courte sparco / Protection ceinture RS / Roue forgées avec sigle RS / Pneus Michelin pilot sport 4s / Bandeau Ford Performance / Garniture carbVone tableau de bord / Vérins de capot moteur / Ligne Scorpion embout inox / Système télécommande de soupape JPperformance / Kit induction Mountun / Kit secondaire Mountune / Durite noire Moutune / Filtre Moutune v2 / Chambre d’insonorisation Moutune / Valve Mountune / Kit durites d’échangeur Mishomoto / Plaquettes freins Ferodo 2500 / Garde de boue Mountune / Stage2 BRPerformance 397 cv et 617 couple / Bougies NGK Iridium / Bras de changement de vitesse Mountune / Vase d’expansion Mishimoto noir /plaque denumérotation n°16417/lampe d’eau couleur blanche RS/plaque feu de frein arrière Ford performance/échangeur Mishimoto +durite Silicon Mishimoto/plaque Ford Performance immatriculation

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I am going for the enhance exhaust on my GRY, that’s the one negative the sound of the engine is shocking.

Coastliner

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Lovely pair. What keys would you rather pick for a quick blast.

440bhp

443lbft

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

The answer is getting harder as I dial in the GR…… but haven’t finished refining the RS either!!!!

If I had to get somewhere cross country super quick and safely I’d pick the GRY, it’s easier to drive quick, smaller for our tight crowded roads etc and seems unflappable, massive grip.

If it was to drive with know where to go, I’d take the RS, certainly if it was a cruise on an open road.

Think I need to reduce the unsprung mass and fit a few firmer bushes. Oh and get rid of the MPSS tyres to rid it of the VS, which the GRY has none of and is revelation not to be tugging away at the wheel.

They are quite different, the RS has personality, where as the GRY is a weapon.  I can drive the RS at various speeds and enjoy it, so far only seem to be able to drive the GRY (too) quickly.

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Awesome thanks for that. I really want to take a GRY out for a test drive. Nice problems to have to be able to choose between the two.

440bhp

443lbft

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah is nice problem to have, very lucky…….    it gets worse though as I haven’t brought myself to sell this either……

paulg
    Participant

UK - England

Nice 🙂

What are the last 3 letters on the Z4 reg? BMW? ZED?

Nitrous Blue FPM375, Milltek, DSC & TracTive, lots of Mountune bits

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

how are you getting that paul? I’m seeing FOO POO FOD or POD !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

It was a FOD, but is now on a private plate that matches the wife’s car and the first part of the RS plate.  It’s all a bit ocd pointless but they match or in the same series, GRY has another plate ready for the future.

paulg
    Participant

UK - England

@71-bda just becuase the Focus RS ended “FRS” and the GR Yaris ended “GRY” I wondered if the Z4 had an appropriate plate, that’s all 🙂

Nitrous Blue FPM375, Milltek, DSC & TracTive, lots of Mountune bits

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Like the wheel colour on the RS 👍

NB FPM375

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Shadow Chrome…… cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to The Daddy and the young Upstart.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!