The Electric Future: A Day Out.

Home Forums General Non RS Chat The Electric Future: A Day Out.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

Having an electric car (or van) in my case for the week and a fun weekend car (RS) would be a perfect combo

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

very good Frenky ! But I ask, ” Are RS Friends Electric?”

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Excellent, Mike! Pure delight 😎

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Looking at the current circumstances in the North of Briton and Scotland with no electricity and with further snow and very cold weather within the next couple of days. It would appear to me that by putting all the eggs in one basket ie, all electric vehicles how on earth are we supposed to go about our business when you can not charge your car let alone heat, light and use your computer 🤔. Yes for the major part of the year it might be ok, oh unless summer storms flooding happen. Sorry for my rant but am I missing something.

Honorary Member

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

I worked in the Electricity supply industry for over 30 years and we had a better infrastructure when I started in 1986 than we have now . Personally, I think we are years off relying on electric cars, if at all.

RST350
    Participant

United Kingdom

BOBCAT , you,ve raised some very valid point there . But come on let,s not confuse people with real facts.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@RST350, nine days on since the storm and some 5000+ homes still without electricity. Greta had better wake up to the real world. If you do not have a back up resource or alternative then it’s good night Vienna. I would like to see (I know it’s not remotely possible) every home have a back up generator albeit diesel/petrol so in the event of severe weather you would still have electricity.

Honorary Member

gary1234
    Participant

UK - England

Bobcat

great posts as always

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@gary1234, I’ll get off my soapbox now I’ve had my rant. Just seems to the “Eco lot” have got to Boris and he has committed the country to being all electric vehicles without thinking of the consequences.

Honorary Member

gary1234
    Participant

UK - England

Bobcat lol

my mate has a ev with a claimed range of 180

best he got was 99 the mg dealer said it was cold weather

no use to know one

how you doing mate

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

The best strategy is always to have all alternatives open. All eggs in one basket is simply stupid thinking. The transition to sustainable energy conversion will take another 3 decades for sure, even in China. Energy storage is not there yet and direct electrical power into car batteries is though efficient, but dangerous supplywise.

We have to think out of the box. There are good ideas around. Germans have loads of useless wind power at the north coast because of the missing southbound grid. So they started to electrolyse water and store hydrogen for later use. Emirates are planning a huge solar power plant in the Sahara desert. They want to produce ammonia and synthetic fuels in large quantities that can be stored as liquids and shipped to europe. Norwegians have plenty of water power. As good drug dealers they have state-owned oil to be sold so that they can afford to drive Teslas for free 😉

I do not know how the future will look like, but I bet it will come – including vehicles 😎

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Gary1234, not to bad thanks, although not enjoying the cold damp weather.

Honorary Member

gary1234
    Participant

UK - England

Bobcat good stuff

yes a tad fresh but it’s December so I guess it normally

take care

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to The Electric Future: A Day Out.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!