The Electric future: a launch.

Home Forums General Non RS Chat The Electric future: a launch.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Mike. About the battery.
    it prefers to be used 20% to 80%.
    It prefers a slow charge.
    I respect that when I can.
    there are many faster ways to charge if needed.
    a supercharger is about 100 times faster to charge 20-80.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks kr1s, so I guess the battery technology is different to mobile phones and laptops etc where I’ve always thought they were best to fully charge all the time and occasionally fully discharge?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Andrew
    Participant

UK - England

When the battery charges in 2-3 minutes, can do 300miles on a full charge and have 4 wheel drive please give me a shout.  Until then I’ll stick with Fanny and internal combustion.

FWIW mr musk says his battery will still have 70% life after 3 years.  Clearly he has never had a mobile phone.  Interestingly, after 4 years I still get 300miles from a tank of the amber nectar in Fanny.

I get that internal combustion is on it’s way out, but I’m still not convinced battery power is the answer.  Happy to be wrong.

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I have to admit I am against electric vehicle’s, so not wanting to come out with reasons that maybe fuelled by my prejudice. So has anyone on this thread been infuriated by a computer freezing and being unable to get it to respond without going to the default switch it off and back on. This even happens on the RS ever had your navigation freeze and remain static and unusable. What I do know if the system crashes on an electric only car it could be very impactive. Yes maybe an emergency limp mode could be designed into the systems, I know electric is the way we are going but really 2030 far too soon.

Coastliner

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I want to know what happens to the range of one if you are sat in a traffic queue on the M25 etc for maybe an hour and its 0’c out . how long can the batteries maintain 18-20c inside the cabin and still have enough range to get you down the road?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

For what I use my electric car for its absolutely perfect, especially when I smuggly creep past petrol station queues grinning ear to ear🤣.

The Enyaq is perfect for running up and down the hills all around me, it’s very soothing and not engaging at all to drive but its good for me cause I’ll just get into trouble with a hot hatch. When I was using the RS every day for 3 months I was getting 18 mpg cause I drive it like I stole it, just can’t help myself.

My drive to work is just over 2 bloody big hills, through 2 busy towns and the electric suits the job in hand as I only do 20 miles a day or so. Even on a long run it worked out really well, pretty easy and cheap. The winter will massively screw the battery levels but that’s not going to be a problem for me and not likely to go on many motorway journeys that time of year. I agree there are a lot of drawbacks for many and the tech is too new and compromised in some areas such as battery longevity. Good job mine is a company lease car.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Dave, lets just hope the miserable Liebour mob don’t get back in power with their union paymasters pulling the strings any time soon, they might have power cuts and strikes in their minds , thats going to stop lecky cars in their tracks! Seems we cannot rely on wind power, so how long before we get at least two more nuclear power stations online to feed all these battery cars in five to ten years time? I wonder if they are thinking of maybe only allowing people to charge their cars overnight  to save the grid during the day?

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

The Mrs. has a C-Max Energi. the all electric range is 15 miles now and hybrid between 45-65 mpg.

The infrastructure I think is not there yet.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to The Electric future: a launch.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!