The new Ford Performance Drift Stick

Home Forums Performance Brakes The new Ford Performance Drift Stick

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Has anyone parted with the £999.00 and had one of these fitted – If you have one what are the plus and minuses of it ??

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

negatives are.. It stops your bird playing with your knob while driving as she will be stroking the driftstick instead. Benefits are.. You can tell your mates you drift like Ken Block just as you slide into a tree..

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Maybe that bird needs just a pair of glasses 😉

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMOeo1mk9RA

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

Kemal Yerebakan
    Participant

USA

We cannot calibrate abs ecu for EU RS. ?

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

@bda – No wonder you have VS! I’d get one fitted immediately if I were you.  lol.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@Kemal

Live chat on this site. Ask questions, compatibility etc. I don’t know the opening times but give it a try

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-2780-FRS

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

A 24 page pdf instruction booklet for the Drift Stick.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/instructionsheets/FORDINSTSHTM-2780-FRS_V2.PDF

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

you could be right “tonys” !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

“Ford Driftstick, how to completely chav-up your car, devalue it immediately and totally wreck it in one easy go”

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Jyrki Maatta
    Participant

Finland

Anyone tried this with custom tune/remap?

I have RS with Dreamscience / Ultima 2+flashed but I cant find answer anywhere if this drift stick flashing / ABS calibration process goes if you have custom tune.

I asked from Dreamscience about it, but they didnt even know what is drift stick, so I got no confimation if this going to work.

My RS is LHD and I found some german forum post that this will work in EU / LHD car.

Focus RS MK3 – 2017 – Nitrous Blue

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Install Instructions maybe of use ??

https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/instructionsheets/FORDINSTSHTM-2780-FRS_V2.PDF

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

Jyrki Maatta
    Participant

Finland

I have read it and there is this message:

CAUTION! If a dealer or installation facility has installed and programmed your vehicle, be sure to obtain the USB cable and PC3 file from the installation facility. It is be required to restore the previous calibration or make modifications to the vehicle configuration after the vehicle has been programmed.

I think that I can always revert back from Dreamscience to stock and use drift stick but I am afraid that if I flash/calibrate Dreamscience tune/remap with drift stick calibration I cant get back to original Dreamscience tune/remap and then back to stock.

Mountune webshop sells drift stick so I think it will work with they tune/remap but as Dreamscience have no idea how this works and they cant confirm that I can try something I need to skip this product. It would be so cool but it is expensive decoration if I cant use it 🙂

Focus RS MK3 – 2017 – Nitrous Blue

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Ford Performance Drift Stick at M-Sport £699 (LHD) just need RHD coding or add the Nutron dongle

Ford Performance 2016-2018 Focus RS Mk3 Drift Stick (LHD ONLY!)

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by white-rs2.

martin-pedersen
    Participant

Denmark

They are all gone now.

But i thought they only worked on US and Canada models? Am i wrong?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

They sold in Poland so I guess if it’s LHD it’ll work, speak to M-Sport ?

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to The new Ford Performance Drift Stick. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!