The RS has landed

Home Forums General Members’ Cars The RS has landed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Matt23
    Participant

UK - England

The RS has arrived and WOW

The day didn’t get off to a particularly good start with regards to getting to the dealer from home, due to public transport letting me down : ( and then once at the showroom the car had a few marks on the bonnet which needed to be repolished, but thankfully they came out.

But 2 hours later all that was put behind us when we drove out the carpark and the smiles became bigger and bigger the more miles we drove. This car is amazing and fills so tight on the road, really inspires confidence in the corners and just makes you want to go quicker.

I fill this car is only going to get better and I’ve already put 150 miles on the clock and aiming to get to the magical 1000 within the next 2 weeks.

Anyway here she is

jasoni
    Participant

UK - England

Very nice and in the best colour too?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Very nice Matt love the pics ?

Honorary Member

baz-2
    Participant

United Kingdom

very nice mat23 stunner

how did you get on with the sat nav issue if you don’t mind me asking ?

baz2

Matt23
    Participant

UK - England

@baz-2

The dealer wouldn’t budge and we had to pay unfortunately.

It came down to a case of, if you don’t want the car, then I can find you another 1 at the higher price lol

To be honest I put all my points across and I still couldn’t get it though to them, and rather than have a massive row, ruining the day and possibly leave without the car, we decided to pay and leave.

This is clearly a dealer you won’t get anything from and the car won’t be going back there again. But I’m not going to let this spoil the experience of the car as I truth once I was on the road I’d put it to the back of my mind.

baz-2
    Participant

United Kingdom

I hear ya mate enjoy your car its stunning..

baz2

Matt23
    Participant

UK - England

@jason – Thanks very much mate, it was only ever going to be Blue for me : )

@Bobcat
    – Thanks mate, much appreciated : )

rslucky
    Participant

UK - England

Nice one Matt. Hoping mine won’t be too much longer.

Matt23
    Participant

UK - England

@S10lucky- Thanks Steve : ) it is you isn’t it ?

Im sure yours will be with you soon and believe me, it’s worth the wait mate. Have they given you a collection date ?

rslucky
    Participant

UK - England

Yes mate, it is me!

Really glad you are enjoying it.

How does it compare to the scoob so far?  It was the closest thing I could find to a scoob for driving fun, which is what I loved about it

Still waiting for a build date but told it’s this month. (Hopefully!!!)

steve.

Matt23
    Participant

UK - England

I think compared to the Impreza,  it’s a much better all round car (I never thought I’d say that). But we’ve been in Subaru’s for the last 20 years and this car is a breath of fresh air. I think it will be a lot easier to live with as an everyday car because it just feels smoother and quieter on motorways and around town, but when you get it in sport mode and give it a bit of right foot, it just takes off. Although it doesn’t give you the kick back in the seat feel that the Subaru does when the turbo kicks in, but I’ve heard that once you fit the FPM375 pack, you get thrown back in the seat a bit more. We haven’t even had it above 4000 rpm yet. Going out in it again tonight to try and get a few more miles closer to the magic 1000 mark and with any luck we should be there within the month and then we can really test the car a bit more.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Matt23, there’s one drive mode you should try Best done for the first time when it’s dry and a very quiet road, and that is.

Select Track mode then put back on the ESC and dampers back to normal, then take it for a drive down your usual road. You should expirance a slightly heavier steering and a faster throttle response, wow the difference is amazing ?

Good luck happy motoring ?

Honorary Member

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Welcome to the club!

You sounds as happy as I am with mine 🙂

Matt23
    Participant

UK - England

@bobcat- funny you mention this 5th drive mode. I saw a video on YouTube about it last week, looks interesting. I will definitely be giving it a try very soon, but would like to get a few more miles on it first.

My dads even mentioned he wants to gave the launch control a go soon lol

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@matt, good to get a few miles on the clock first and the weather improves before playing hard?

Honorary Member

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to The RS has landed. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!