The RS is the car that keeps on giving……. ☹️

Home Forums Performance General The RS is the car that keeps on giving……. ☹️

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Got one job done today and another headache added ?

Always give it a good look over before a service, having a look and found a small leak from the cylinder thingy….! ?☹️?

14k in total 1100 miles in last year

Just a heads up for others to check, possibly flexing under hard braking? did read / see somewhere braces were available?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

whereabouts is all that then Gareth ? I don’t think I’ve seen that in the engine bay !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@ 71-bda Its the master cylinder, like a drip / run from the back

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

ooh, I will have to have a squizz down there in the deepest darkest depths then !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Found more also today! ☹️

Looks like i also have the issue after HG recall with the top case seal….?? oil in 1,3&4

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@gm

I’ll check my Master Cylinder when I get home in a fortnight!! Cheers for the heads-up!! ?.

Your Spark Plugs look a bit black at the tips mate!! Probably just running a bit rich on the Dreamscience map!!

You’ll need to drive the RS hard to get any benefit from the One-Step-Colder Plugs or they’ll tend to foul up mate. I fitted the Denso ITV22’s last year and no issues. ?. Keep the right foot planted pal… ??.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@brembo will do ?  Do you think that will pass with the old plod?  Sorry sir it was a little fast, but was cleaning my plugs off! ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to The RS is the car that keeps on giving……. ☹️. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!