The wife's toy has arrived

Home Forums General Members’ Cars The wife's toy has arrived

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Huxley
    Participant

United Kingdom

Well we had the phone call on Wednesday to say they had found the RS and had its PDI and ready for collection, so we went to Hartwells Kidlington to collect on Thursday afternoon and that when it went down hill a bit !!! “Only on their customer service” from the onset we had asked for the FORD extended warranty and FORD service plan plus which they wanted us to take the Hartwells one which is a lot more money ?  This s the wife’s car not mine so the sales guy should be dealing with her but no every time he came back to speak to her he blanked Chris and spoke to me all the time chewing chewing gum like a heffer  ?Any way over two hours later we get there not even a thank you or hand shake and he just walks off ?

What can we say we love the car only one criticism it’s not very frugal in sports mode ? But don’t tell the wife ?

Its off to be detailed on Monday so it will stay shiny for longer

Magnetic Mountuned, plus additions

comedysi
    Participant

UK - England

nice car, shame about the crap service, you hear so much of that, and not just ford, but all brands. i’m not sure what is wrong with these guys, you buy a decent TV for just 700 or 800 quid and get great service, yet spending 30k on a car and they can’t even get the basics right.

enjoy the car anyway, all the best

Si

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Least the car made up for the crap service. Too common nowadays.

minimace
    Participant

United Kingdom

Nice Pie!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I got mine one that plugs in the mains as well as having batteries….

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Huxley
    Participant

United Kingdom

GrumpyPappa
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Huxley,

Got My Order with Hartwell Kiddlington,Told last week car was Start Build date of Yesterday.  Rang Dealer, went onto Ford Computer and telling me Build in Progress, but unable to give me a complete VIN Number, just last 11 characters. Order starts with an F

Getting nervous about not getting before VED Duty Increase on April 1st, can you say if you had delays ?,The service (level of information ) is RUBBISH

Thanks,

Nigel

GrumpyPappa
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Huxley,

How did you get on with finding a DETAILER  Local to Oxford / Bucks, I am in Aylesbury, and would appreciate a reference for a good one Locally to me.

Are you pleased with your results, any pictures ??

Nigel

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Haven’t had one of those pies for years ?

Honorary Member

Huxley
    Participant

United Kingdom

For you Vin number put this in front of it WF05XX that will make you full Vin number and that should then come up on Etis

Give Nick a call at http://www.detailmycar.co.uk 07920 867771 he should be able to help

As for the Detailing it was stunning there are a load of pictures here

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Huxley/library/RS

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Huxley/library/RS

GrumpyPappa
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks.

I will contact nick

Nigel

Huxley
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi Nigel

We had contact from the dealers today as Ford UK must have got the survey my wife filled out to say it was blunt to the point was an understatement, Chris went for the jugular the little salesman was so so nice to me on the phone but all he kept saying was is there anyway we can build bridges over what happened I kept telling him it’s the wife’s car not mine you need to speak to here, it was our first brand new car and to say it was a very very disappointing experience from Hartwells we shall never use them again, as we’re the customer we would expect the dealer to be bending over backwards to help and make the sales experience an enjoyable one, even on the day of collection it was almost as if we were an inconvenience too them especially as when we originally ordered the car we want the Ford extended warranty and Ford extra service not the Hartwells version !!!

Make sure if you want the proper extend service and warranty get them on the case now before it’s too late

This is the one we eventually got

Extended Maintenance Items:
    The Ford Protect Service Plan Plus also includes an extended maintenance period for the following items;
    Replacement brake fluid (every other year)
    Bodywork and paint check (every other year)
    Air Conditioning Check (at third service only)
    Wear & Tear Plan:
    Alongside the extended scheduled services, the Ford Protect Service Plan Plus includes additional servicing of all mechanical parts which wear and tear.
    This includes;
    Brake pads
    Brake disks
    Wiper blades
    Silencer
    Battery
    Bulbs/LED panels
    Shock absorbers
    Clutch friction disk

Exclusions:
    Tyres, interior trims, glass, seat covers, pads, frames, springs, headrests, seat belts, sheet metals, water ingress, body seats and aerials

Paul

GrumpyPappa
    Participant

UK - England

Hi

I asked for fords extended warranty when I added winter pack in December.

Thanks for this here up as I will ask for written confirmation of such.

If you don’t.t mind me asking what did you have to pay for extended warranty service and detailing.

I can give my email address if you don’t want to say on forum.

Thanks

Nigel

Huxley
    Participant

United Kingdom

We paid £320 for the extended warranty and £920 for the Ford Protect service plus plan but it’s have gone up now and the full works on our car was around £900 but that was the full works on the whole car inside and out and we had alloy wheel gators fitted they had it for nearly 3 days

stmart
    Participant

UK - England

@GrumpyPappa

Hi If you need a top detailer then I know one that is close to Aylesbury and is the dogs. I’m in Aylesbury also and researched this guy for the same thing. Let me know?

Regarding the VED the dealer can register the car as soon as it leaves the factory gates so you should be alright?

Could be that 2 RS Focus were born on the same date and both coming to the Aylesbury area 😉

1. Stmart
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to The wife's toy has arrived. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!