Think I’m letting the RS go!

Home Forums Marketplace Cars For Sale (Mk3 Focus RS only) Think I’m letting the RS go!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

amanaman5
    Participant

UK - England

As I don’t use my RS I think I’m going to let it go. Had it 3 months & only covered 470 miles in it. Has only got 1770 miles in total.

its Nitrous blue, forged alloys, lux pack, winter pack, painted calipers, sync 3, door edge protectors.

ghost system installed.

serviced October 30th, no outstanding fsa & didn’t need the head gasket doing.

warrany till end of July 2020

im willing to lose a bit on it so will be asking £28450

located close to Leicester.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Thats a shame, looks like a beaut and a keeper! Mine is only a plaything as a 3rd car, but have managed to do 5200 miles in 22 months, literally just driving it for the sake of it ( fun) ! Good luck, it should fly away fast with those miles.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

RS Lurker
    Blocked

UK - England

Crazy! Absolutely crazy.

amanaman5
    Participant

UK - England

Forgot, 17 plate registered end of July 2017.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Crying shame good car good spec, maybe second thoughts, don’t do anything in a hurry.

Coastliner

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

What’s stopping you driving it ?

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

amanaman5
    Participant

UK - England

9designs- When I got it I thought I’d be out in it all the time.

I lost my wife back in August & bought this as a kind of pick me up! I don’t work any more & everything I need is in the village, shopping gets delivered to my door so I don’t realistically need a car at all let alone one that cost a tad under £30k.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Sorry to hear that, can understand it’s sad times.    Perhaps use the car as an opportunity to go out and meet people. If cars are you thing then the RSOC has local monthly meets and shows through the year,  to make use of the RS and channel some thoughts and attention maybe.

Wish you well in what you decide.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

RS Lurker
    Blocked

UK - England

I’m sorry for your loss. A car won’t replace a loved one –if it was an impulse purchase that you regret, get rid of it — it’s only a piece of metal and not worth stressing over. Best of luck.?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

RS Lurker’s advice seems spot on to me impulse happens just don’t make a rash decision. It may be difficult to find another in the future so low mileage and a good spec. But if you think its the right think sell and move on.

Coastliner

amanaman5
    Participant

UK - England

I wouldn’t say it was an impulse buy as such, I had a green mk2 a few years ago & liked the idea of the awd mk3 when it came out. At the time I was self employed & was running a van + the Mrs car so didn’t get one.

As has been pointed out the spec & mileage attracted me & I thought I’d use it more and make a hobby out of it + it’s something tangible to look at rather than £ sat in the bank earning very little!

maybe selling before show season is a mistake? Who knows.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I am sure you could get a social element out of the car. After all my car is no daily driver 5500 over two years probably 90% of the mileage is summer use. So mine is more a toy than an every day mode of transport. It makes me smile lifts my mood and I enjoy keeping it spot on.

Coastliner

RS Lurker
    Blocked

UK - England

This is actually a good site with good people; stick around and get envolved, maybe you’ll change your mind.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

yes, maybe keep it till spring, then try a few local RS pub meets etc, they are not all teenagers, most are old farts like me and…

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Sennaboy
    Participant

UK - England

No where u are coming from mate lost my wife 2 years ago last December

i bought mine as a pick me up as well but like you have only done 7000 miles in 18 months

but those 7000 miles have been with the biggest smile you can get

you can’t replace your wife but you can put a smile back on your face

keep it unless the finances dictate differently

best regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Think I’m letting the RS go!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!