Thinking about getting an rs

Home Forums General Newbie Thinking about getting an rs

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

chris54
    Participant

UK - England

Buy one, you will never regret it, if you want to avoid recall issues buy one dated after July 2017 and do your checks on Ford Etis. Mine is absolutely fantastic to drive and have had no problems at all. Only advise I would give is do any mods you want done through Mountune only. That keeps your warranty in tact. I’ve not found the need to modify 4.7- 0 to 60 and 350 bhp is more than sufficient for my needs

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

dont think about it, just ‘Do it’

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

She was just looking for her phone :]

Toots
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks all for your replay. l think it might be  test drive  time!!!!! Does anyone now of any good  pcp deals around at the moment ? Not in any great  rush to get one but l think lam going  to start to look  around  thanks all

rslucky
    Participant

UK - England

Do it. You won’t regret it one bit. The car has so much character. I struggled to find anything to replace my Impreza STI as everything seemed a bit soulless. The Impreza was noisy, hard ride and a hoot to drive, everything I want in a car!. The RS was the only car that even came close and the longer I own it, the better it gets.

apurimac
    Participant

USA

I pulled the trigger on my own 2017 RS after two years of lusting (or 15 years if we go back to the Mk 1) after one last month.  No regrets and that’s after 1000 miles already.  If you can try to pick up a 2018 or 2017 and you’ll avoid a lot of the issues the 16 RS had, like the leaky head gasket.  After your test drive if you don’t fall in love walk away, but chances are if your like me and have been thinking about this for awhile the test drive will just confirm what you already know, that you need an RS in your life.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Thinking about getting an rs. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!