Thinking about purchasing a Focus RS can you help

Home Forums General Newbie Thinking about purchasing a Focus RS can you help

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Mike Houchell
    Participant

UK - England

Hi I currently own a ST and am considering changing for the RS, I live in Suffolk and wondered if anyone local was thinking of selling a low millage 1 or 2 owner model for a reasonable fee. Looking for a grey with as many standard toys fitted as possible. Would consider sensible modifications. Proof of recall works ideally. Any tips or hints welcomed Thank you for your assistance

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi And Welcome.

Which grey Mike?.

Stealth or Magnetic?

Stealths are pretty rare but ive seen a few magnetics for sale.

Do you have a budget?.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Mike, hi and welcome 👍 good luck with your search.

Honorary Member

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome, low mileage cars command a much higher resale, so reasonably priced may have to be a higher mileage car.

Coastliner

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Id go for the rare NB 😍

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

As per GM. NB is the best. Welcome along.

Kenny did start a thread as a buying guide somewhere on here to help perspective new buyers. Will try and find a link for you.

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

I don’t want to set anyone off, but theres no mistake for a ST with the rare NB 😆 Same as a Green Mk2 👍🤣

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Take no notice of the gas men Mike and get yourself a nice special grey one. NB common as muck😁

Mike Houchell
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks all for your assistance like what’s available on piston best wishes

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Good luck in finding an RS that ticks all the boxes for you.

I spent a good couple of months at the end of last year looking for one that fitted the bill. Be patient and the right one will come along.

As for colour, it’s all personal preference. As mentioned there’s no mistaking nitrous for an ST etc however they are most common. Probably because it was launch colour, on all the posters, adverts, journalist reviews etc. It is a stunning colour. Can’t comment on the rest. I like a loud colour, but some folks like a more subtle approach.

I found when searching for mines that it was difficult to get actual invoices or documents showing the recall work being done. Seems ford didn’t issue anything in the majority of cases. You just need to check that the vehicle you are buying has no outstanding recalls required.

Like buying any car your best having 2 figures in mind. What you are happy paying to get into one and best always keeping a little on reserve for any unexpected costs, putting minor defects right or as a little extra you can put towards a car that is perfect for you just to stretch the budget a little. That’s the way I do it.

Again all the best finding an RS. You will get plenty help and advice on here.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@NEILRS2K

Well I didn’t get paperwork after my first H/Gasket job, but did for the second. Also on the last service the mechanic put a half bottle of leftover oil from the service in the boot, and that’s happened just the once. So a lack of consistency seems to prevail.

Coastliner

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by coastliner. Reason: grammer

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Same here I had to beg my local ford dealer to book my car in for the head gasket recall . Because no mechanic was confident to work on my car they told me I had to take to main dealer. After about a month with out driving the car my local dealer had took on a young mechanic who came from Saab and knew the rs inside out , I booked a pressure test and It passed , so went ahead with gasket change , great no Oil in block no need for new engine , told me 3 days top . Turned into 12 , they told me one tool to remove a section of engine (only one being used at main dealer) was Not available so had to wait , wat a bloody joke . Once car was done I had to ask for invoice on worked carried out said they would post , I said I ain’t leaving till you give me a invoice. It’s should come to about £1.200 /£1,300 on invoice if carried out properly. So ask owner for appropriate paper work . Sorry it’s a bit long winded , but may help . Good luck in your search for a good Rs m8.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Thinking about purchasing a Focus RS can you help. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!