This is why Electric Vehicles are not viable.

Home Forums General Non RS Chat This is why Electric Vehicles are not viable.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Don’t be put off by the fact this is Shmee its very interesting persevere with it a very good watch.

RANGE ANXIETY! My First Long EV Journey – Porsche Taycan – YouTube

Coastliner

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Try this link.

Coastliner

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by coastliner.

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

I don’t like Shmee in general but this time he makes some very valid points. Well worth a watch,  thanks for posting this up. 👍

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@coastliner, can’t open the links, but will go on line and look 👍

Honorary Member

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@bobcat

Yes for some reason the copy and paste I always use won’t work on this link, but just go to his channel a very good watch and the cost of charging is mindblowing.

Coastliner

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

RANGE ANXIETY! My First Long EV Journey – Porsche Taycan – YouTube

Coastliner

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Found it, and he has highlighted exactly what I’ve been saying for a couple of years now. The planning of a long journey could/will be a nightmare. On his journey 2.5 hrs stopped doing nothing, and that wasn’t a particularly long journey either 🤬🤯

Honorary Member

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Well, I always liked the electric bumper cars on the autumn fair when I was a teenager. Music hits and girls galore all night long. The only range limitation was the amount of tokens in your jeans pocket, innit 😀

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

v8marshal
    Participant

UK - England

Good video that coast, I was gritting my teeth as it was Shmee but to be fair he presented that well. Some real good points made, doesn’t seem electric is all it’s cracked up to be at the moment.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@v8marshal

Yes I hope all on hear view it as its quite well presented whatever you think about him.

Coastliner

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

We used to drive to the Barcelona GP every May in the 90s,  we used to get off the midnight ferry in France and basically do the 1000 mile trip non stop apart from fuel stops and change driver over, and arrive in Cabrera de mar campsite just after lunch, how could you do a journey like that now in a soppy electric car?? you would probably end up doing two overnight stops in France and give the frogs a load of dough for the pleasure! long live petrol and Diesel !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

At least in Switzerland Teslas are selling very good, first the type S, now type 3. They have a network of superchargers throughout Europe and soon also storage batteries for the home. Although I think, Norway is doing much better than that with incentive programs, but they are selling state owned crude oil around the globe, goddamn hypocrites 😉

However, even in Switzerland such greenwashing is only possible with a very thick wallet. Typically, Tesla owners have wages way abobe 200,000 a year, have a huge house outside urban areas, PV-systems on the roof for renewable energy, battery storage in the cellar and a heat pump in the backyard. Joe Public can’t afford all this, I’m afraid…

There is plenty of time until 2035 for pops and bangs 😎

JohnD
    Participant

UK - England

Like far too many schemes that affect us all, this has not been thought through taking account of all possibilities.  The general public tend to assume the decision makers are experts whose plans are right, proper and accurate.  The brighter ones amongst us know, and have done for a long time, the vast majority of these people are, at best, no better than the rest of us and at worst, have no real clue and incapable of making logical decisions on our behalf.

A typical example of this was the implementation of the 70mph limit back in the 60’s  Although based on incidents that needed a reaction, rumour has it, it was plucked out of the air by some politician with no interest in driving who wondered why on Earth would anyone want to go faster than that!

JohnD

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Having to faff about with those charge points would send me insane. I dont have the patience to cope with that. Turn up to a charge point and its not working plus you could have a slow charging one. Not for me.

440bhp

443lbft

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to This is why Electric Vehicles are not viable.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!