This is why Electric Vehicles are not viable.

Home Forums General Non RS Chat This is why Electric Vehicles are not viable.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Plus a 10 different apps for different companys. Nightmare.

440bhp

443lbft

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

I still maintain that I will only buy an electric vehicle when I can get in it and not worry about where the next charging point is. Worked with a guy a few years back who brought a Nissan Leaf. He had to plan his UK holiday with stops at IKEA just so he could fill up.

Combine the above with the lack of infrastructure and electric vehicles are simply not viable at the moment. If I lived in the centre of a city with a 5 mile drive to work each way they would be great, but I don’t so I will stick with what I have for now

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

An update from the Shmee on Rapid electric charging looks a bit of a Faf to me.

Coastliner

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

It’s not doing it for me 🙀😾

Honorary Member

hocus-pocus
    Participant

UK - England

It’s interesting to hear Iain Duncan Smith’s comments on Hydrogen powered cars as an alternative to electric vehicles and his concerns that the Chinese dominate electric car battery technology.

rainydays
    Participant

Luxembourg

It takes a few minutes to tank up a normal car.
    When alternative tech will provide the same luxury, we will embrace the tech faster.

Nitrous Blue Dyno Tuned @ 600 NM | Wagner Tuning – Competition IC | REVO Carbon CAI 

HJS 200 Cell Sportkat Remus Cat-back | SS Black Chrome Tailpipes

Fischer-Hydraulik SS Brake Lines | Endless RF 650 Brake Fluid | Endless ME20 Pads F+R (squeak king)

Rotors: TSP XG150 – DBA 5000 T3 SLOT | DBA 4000 T3 SLOT | Suspension: MR – KW Clubsport 2 way with H&R ARB F+R

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Surely the trick is to have a design where you switch the battery pack over instead of re-charging the battery, There was a design concept a while back I believe.  Technically this is  not difficult to do but politically challenging and getting an agreement from manufactures to a common standard on a scale to be financially viable would be a challenge. With different charging set ups it’s another rerun of VHS v Betamax, DVD v laserdisc. Interesting to see how this pans out over the next decade.

May the Ford be with you

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

This is quite long but stick with it as he talks a lot of sense.

Coastliner

Pauly Paul
    Participant

If they can put electrics in a window for heated , defrost, surely they got the tec to put a battery pack through the entire window system include a panoramic roof , to charge the car on the move ie solar , only needs daylight, and a dyno to run on night runs , I’m sure they have thought 💭 of it . take care all, 👍☃️🎅🏼🎄🍾🚙🥃

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@coastliner, very interesting, thanks for sharing 👍

Honorary Member

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Solar panel in the glass would make the EV’s cost prohibitive at todays costs.

Coastliner

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@coastliner, yes it would, a certain company tried doing electric glass/panels wasn’t very successful 😷🤐🤫🤔

Honorary Member

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@coastliner, whoops the link it won’t open 😿

Honorary Member

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Ordered a Skoda Enyaq IV 150kw / 82kw Suite Yesterday as a new company car. Ive always taken the cash previously but with almost zero tax on the electrics and I get free charging its a no brainer. It will basically cost me £350 month from my take home allowance which includes ALL running costs so it should be a cheap motor. I don’t do that many miles so range (which is 320 miles – probably more like 250 in the real world) is fine for me.

I chose the Race Blue paint, Sunroof and 20″ alloys as extras.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to This is why Electric Vehicles are not viable.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!