Time to replace my front tyres.

Home Forums Performance Tyres Time to replace my front tyres.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Morning all!! That’s me got all I can out of my front tyres, so it’s time for 2 new ones. Is everyone sticking with the Michelin’s when replacing?? I know they’re an awesome tyre and they have performed superbly, just wondered if anyone has fitted anything different and what their views were??

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I’m interested to hear if people have tried the Continental sportcontact 6 or whatever they are, I’m SURE they will reduce the tramlining and nervousness the Michelins seem to have, I tried them on a type R and they were smooooth.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Indeed @bda, my RS like so many others (if not all) suffers from the VS and any info from people running different tyres is most welcome. Whether you feel it has worsened or improved slightly wearing different rubber please send in your comments!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Morning all.

My RS came with the Michelin Pilot Super Sports, I have been researching the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S – The 4S has the same grip level in dry and wet, same noise level but has a better fuel consumption rating!! And they are approx £30 cheaper per tyre!! Is anybody using the Sport 4S??

Cheers, Marc.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

They sound good, will you replace all 4? Would it be wise to cross match?

Honorary Member

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

It’s only the front ones I need, they’re just on the legal limit now, I think it’ll be fine as long as you’ve got the same tyres on the same axle. Rear tyres are still around 5mm – We’ll chuffed with that as I’ve done 16,500 Miles!! The tread pattern on these is very similar to the Pilot Super Sport and still has Rim protection. Sounds like a no brainier!!

Cheers, Marc.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

If you go for them, please keep us updated on your findings ? Does sound like a good option though

Honorary Member

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Does anybody out there have Michelin Pilot Sport 4S on their RS??

Cheers, Marc.

mitchbt31
    Participant

UK - England

Put a full set of the 4s’s on mine about 1000 miles ago and I can’t fault them ??

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

I replaced the front tyres on my previous 16 plate RS with the MPS 4S rubber.

Like you, I had the MPSS tyres on the rear, from memory, they had in the area 6mm of tread left.

I found the 4S tyres to be very good, the car retained it’s original balance front to rear, and offered good feel, I’d definitely run them again when the OE rubber needs replacing on my current RS.

I don’t know if that helps much Marc, ultimately, tyres can be a very personal preference, good luck with what ever rubber you go for.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@mitchbt31, Thanks your input!!

@OverRev
    , Thanks for your input also – I think I’m in the same boat as you were needing front tyres and still having loads of tread left on the back.

Yeah I’m definitely going to go for the 4S’s now, I’ll get them ordered up in a day or 2. Hearing a fellow RS’er confirming what I had read and thought sealed the deal. It’s too much money to be splashing out on bad rubber that could effectively alter the handling of my pride and joy. Thanks again for your input!!

Cheers, Marc.

RSDave
    Participant

UK - England

I bought my RS last year a little over a year ago with ps4s tyres on it they were basically brand new on the car so I’ve ran the car with nothing but ps4s on and I’ve never experienced VS before and i drive the car hard all the time. I’d recommend them I’ll be getting them again the grip is amazing

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@RSDave, Cheers for the input Dave!! I’ve ordered 2 x Michelin Pilot Sport 4S’s this morning – it’ll be interesting to see if they have any effect on my VS – I’m doubtful about that, but I’m sure I’m getting a good tyre!!

Attention:- Current deal on Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Tyres – 235/35/zr 19 91 y – From Blackcircles.com – Buy 2 tyres and save £15!! Just ordered 2 x tyres and cost £280 including delivery. £140 per tyre delivered to the North of Scotland is pretty damn good!!

Cheers, Marc.

thommo141
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@brembo I am needing two new front tyres. How are the 4s ?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@thommo141

Morning mate!! Yeah I’m well happy with Michelin 4S’s. I’ve had them on the front for about 5000 miles now and I can’t tell any difference between the 4S’s and the Super Sports that the car came with from new!! I managed to get them at £140 per tyre including delivery, that was from Blackcircles online. Would definitely recommend them mate!!

Cheers, Marc.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Time to replace my front tyres.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!