Tint %

Home Forums Styling General Tint %

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

bigdave
    Participant

Australia

Finally getting the windows tinted tomorrow, was thinking 35% all round, but see most people have darker for the rear passenger windows and the rear window. 35% is the darkest legal for the front ones, all windows behind the driver can be 20%.

Not sure which will look better, a consistent shade all round or darker at the back. What’s your thoughts?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Any tint of those percentages in front of the B pillar is not legal in the UK, not advisable to give the boys in blue a reason to stop you.

Coastliner

bigdave
    Participant

Australia

Just had a look and in the UK it’s 75% at the front and 70% for behind the driver, a big difference, but it is generally sunnier here 😎

Pauly Paul
    Participant

That’s a 0% front and rear then bigdave , given the bloody weather on our shores 🤣🤣🤣

archangel
    Participant

UK - England

When I got mine 2nd hand there were slight tints on the front, but I had to have them removed as even that was above the legal limit. Basically the normal windows are already 75% so any tint makes them illegal.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Nice pic 👍 car looks great

Honorary Member

dazsob
    Participant

UK - England

2016 FW DAZ ‘The Ford Demo Police Car’

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

California law 70% fronts (not including windscreens), as dark as you want on the rears.

but what’s installed:

60% WS
    40% Fronts
    10% Rears

bigdave
    Participant

Australia

@nicklulu, your brake discs look like they are made of wood in that picture.

This is what it look like, the pictures from this angle do make them look a little darker than they are, I got 35% all round. We can’t tint the front window here, so depending on how much light is coming through the windscreen it can make the tint’s look less dark, but they do block out heat and UV so they serve a purpose.

tints

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Tint %. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!