TONIGHTS TIPPLE!!

Home Forums General Non RS Chat TONIGHTS TIPPLE!!

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 395 total)
  • Author

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo, cheers thanks for the heads up ? enjoy a dram or two ???

Honorary Member

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@bobcat

You too mate!! ?.

I’ve been dabbling with the BLENDS lately instead of the MALTS and I must say I’ve been quite surprised at how nice some of them are!!

And at half the price too….. Which is handy just now…..!!! The price of Oil has plummeted and Drilling Companies are FUCKED!!

The Company I work for has had to stack 2 of its 4 Rigs that work in the North Sea!! There’s  just over 400 guys on them and that’s being cut to 138, which means around 260 ish of us are being paid off!! We’ve all been given our 45 days notice and are being scored to see who gets kept on!!

It’s a REAL KICK IN THE NUTS mate coz my Rig has a contract well into the future. Definitely til June 2022, possibly til 2027!! Just need tae keep ma fingers crossed ? and hope I make it through this SHITE downturn!!

You take care anyway pal… and try that Chivas Regal 12 year old… it’s going down ALMOST TOO WELL!! If there is such a thing… HAHA..!! ?????..!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

I spent an evening in the Pot Still in Glasgow about 3 years ago and got totally hammered trying to get through their selection of 700odd whiskeys. The folks behind the bar knew everything about every one of them and alluded that the very finest whiskeys are blended. They would even recommend a bit of water with certain ones or neat with others, taught me how to nose and taste them and what to look out for in the smells, flavours and feelings when swallowed. We (3 workmates) had planned a pub crawl but stayed in there and left about £200 behind. Immense experience, worth every penny but the boss wasnt impressed with the expense claim.? https://thepotstill.co.uk/

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@daveRS3

Evening pal!!

That bar sounds very like “The Grill” in Aberdeen mate!!

https://www.thegrillaberdeen.co.uk/

The staff are very knowledgeable about ALL THINGS WHISKY related and are more than happy to advise you…..??..!! They’ve got hundreds of bottles tae try mate!! Think they’re currently closed but hopefully they’ll re-open when things get back tae normal!!

I’m quite sure that’s MILES away from where you are..?? But if you’re ever up that way, set a day aside and sit in there mate…. well worth it!! Just don’t drink too many pints, coz the toilet is a SHITHOLE and reeks o PISH!! Haha… ??..!!

Also…… don’t go there expecting food, although they’re called “The Grill”….. I think it’s DRINK ONLY mate??!!

Stay safe bud!! ??..!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo, not good news on job front mate, I feel for you (and many in the same situation) hope it works out well for you.

Honorary Member

boomboom
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo thinking of you and hope it works out for you

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

@brembo, that’s great news…. depending on your perspective.

We also went on a downsizing last Nov and I lost a tech. He had a severance pay equivalent to 18 months pay and health insurance for a year.

That lucky bas***.

Stay healthy ya’all!

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Good Luck Brembo.

Hope it all works out the way you want it too.

I’ve had a few evenings smashed, crawling up and down Union St in my time. It was rockin’ back in the 90’s but haven’t been back since.

Spent a few days driving along the Dee with some nice stop off’s on the way on one visit, stunning scenery and fresh Salmon.

Aberdeen’s a strange place though. Quite clearly a lot of poverty but also loads of brand new Mercs, Porches and the like. Couldn’t quite work out what was going on. No doubt its changes in the last 20 years.

andy-k
    Participant

UK - England

Brembo, my thoughts are with you. Stay positive buddy.

Edition, FPM 375

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@brembo shite situation mate…. but I’ve had 3 good redundancies in a 12 year stint in industry, the only way I’ve not had more is going self employed… Shite myself at the time, but it will always work out mate!

@daveRS3
    it must be like round here (Merthyr) hardly anyone working, but lambo’s & SVR’s everywhere ?

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Feel for ya Brembo, hope all turns out well once we get through this downturn.

NB FPM375

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Evening all!!

Thanks for all the kind words!! ??. I’m staying positive regardless….. Hopefully all those years of hard graft I’ve put in will count for something!!

Anyhoo…. TONIGHTS TIPPLE is a special one…. A gift I received a couple of days ago for my Birthday…..

I’ll report back when my glass is empty, but initial impressions are very good….. ??.

Stay safe all!! CHEERS…. ???.

Cheers, Marc.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo, belated happy birthday ??? wow enjoy your present make it last ???

Honorary Member

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@bobcat

Cheers mate!! ??..!!

You could probably say that I could NOT be trusted being given an expensive bottle of Whisky… ??. Lol… Imagine I’d been given a bottle that cost £100’s of pounds..?? ?????..!! Or even £1000’s…. lol. ?

This one is absolutely lovely and I’ve had 2 decent sized Drams out it already, so I’ve put it back in the box for another day, lol!!

Like I’ve said before, I’m no expert but this 18 year old Glenmorangie hits the F**KEN spot pal!! It tastes nice, a little bit spicy then quite fruity, almost raisin like, and finishes with a lovely warm glow that I’ve not felt for a while!! Really nice mate!! I know it was a gift but I googled the price and it’s about £80-£90….. So it’s not just a bottle to be opened and tanned in an evening!! Haha!!

Anyhoo, that’s me back on the Chivas Regal 12 Year Old Blend…… Mmmmmm….. happy days mate!! ????..!! Still £20 in Tesco by the way..!! ??.

Cheers @bobcat ….. ??.

Cheers, Marc.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by brembo.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo, stay safe, cheers ??

Honorary Member

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 395 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to TONIGHTS TIPPLE!!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!