TONIGHTS TIPPLE!!

Home Forums General Non RS Chat TONIGHTS TIPPLE!!

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 395 total)
  • Author

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

And here’s the link….

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

<h1>?</h1>

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@nicklulu

Cheers mate….. ??????.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Cheers Brembo. Now subscribed to Ralfy.

gary1234
    Participant

UK - England

Air bridge idea scrapped as England again plays second fiddle to krankie sturgeon and the jocks

she doesn’t like it and it’s bad for Scotland oh can’t have we must all suffer

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@gary1234

Evening mate!! ?.

I’m not a fan of her either mate, but nor am I particularly into all that political shite!!

If you don’t mind please…. can you keep your “ANTI-JOCK PISH” for another thread on here??

Or maybe start up your own thread about how much you can’t stand the “JOCKS”!!

We’re not all bad C**TS you know?? There’s loads of Scottish Members on here and the Forum is indeed ran by a Scotsman!!

Cheers, Marc.

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

Off for the rest of the week…….. now need to get a drink!

gary1234
    Participant

UK - England

Marc

i meant to say it was her and not the people of Scotland

as I believe she will use anything to break up the union at whatever cost

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Went to Tescos on Wednesday looking for the ardbeg with a tenner off which they didnt have but they did have the Talisker 10 year old on sale at £30.

Now, in the past ive had a 10 year Talisker and I remember not getting on with it too well or at least I didn’t love it. I watched a review on it the other day which like most reviews of it gave it an excellent Malt rating so I thought i’d give it another go.

Nope, I mean it’s OK but it just doesn’t do it for me. Supposed to be fairly heavily peated which I could barely detect, described as having a heavy “Sea Air” taste which again I could barely detect compared to something like a Pulteney and is meant to have a sweet flavour on the pallet which I kinda get but certainly not pronounced.

It wont go to waste that’s for sure but its had 2 chances and wont get a third whereas my bottle of Talisker storm will get replaced. So much nicer IMO.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@DaveRS3, thanks for the heads up on that one, can’t say you haven’t given it a try.

Honorary Member

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by bobcat.

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Bobcat.

I’m conscious not to slag it off as its such a respected whiskey among those in the know but it just doesn’t give me anything I can’t get from a good old run of the mill blended whiskey. Its giving me an itchy head – can’t understand the general great opinions of it and would love someone to tell me why i’m missing out. I did try a few drops of water, then with a bit more which sometimes kicks a good whiskey into gear but nope, didn’t do it for me.

I have also been looking out for a Lagavulin 16 year old as some people describe it as an Ardbeg and Laphroaig shamer. There’s always a space for it on the supermarket shelves but there’s never a bottle on it with my name on it….

The search continues.

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

stuart cameron
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@DaveRS3. Have a look at malts.com for Lagavulin. Main issue with Lagavulin is cant make enough for demand.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

After 3 weeks away can’t wait for a nice dram tonight when I get home!!

Fancying something extremely peaty and smoky…… Mmmmm….. 🥃👍.

Cheers, Marc.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@davers3

Have you tried this one mate..??

Hopefully they have this in Tesco in Inverness….

Lagavulin is one of the smokiest and most intense whiskies in the world. Since 1816. Lagavulin Single Malt Scotch Whisky has been made in a picturesque huddle of building on Lagavulin Bay looking onto Dunyvaig castle. Revered by connoisseurs and experts, Lagavulin is known as “the king of Islay”. It is an ‘essential’ Scotch Whisky that any connoisseur or enthusiast must have in their collection; one of the world’s favourite Malt Whiskies. On the nose, this full bodied Single Malt has intensely flavoured, peat smoke with iodine and seaweed and a rich, deep sweetness. The palate has dry peat smoke fills the palate with a gentle but strong sweetness, followed by sea and salt with touches of wood. Its finish is long, elegant peat-filled finish with lots of salt and seaweed. A much sought-after Single Malt with massive peat-smoke that’s typical of southern Islay – but also offering richness and a dryness that turns it into a truly interesting dram. The 16 year old has become a benchmark Islay dram from the Lagavulin distillery. Best enjoyed from a traditional whisky glass, neat or with a little still water. A gift for all occasions for lovers of peaty and powerful whiskies.
    Lagavulin is the biggest, richest, and most intensely flavoured Islay Single Malt Scotch Whiskies
    2015 Silver Outstanding Medal Winner – International Wine & Spirits Competition
    Intense, peat rich, sweet and salty
    Best enjoyed from a traditional whisky glass, neat or with a little still water
    Aged in oak casks for at least sixteen years, with massive peat-smoke but also offering a dryness that turns it into a truly interesting dram
    A perfect gift for lovers of peaty and powerful whiskies
    Pack size: 70CL
    Information
    Tasting Notes
    The 16 year-old has become a benchmark Islay dram from the Lagavulin distillery. A long fermentation and 16 year maturation develops a rich, fruity, but smoky character. It has a long, spicy finish tasting of figs, dates, peat smoke and vanilla.
    Alcohol Units
    ABV
    43% vol

It sounds EPIC!! 👍👍.

Cheers, Marc.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 395 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to TONIGHTS TIPPLE!!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!