TONIGHTS TIPPLE!!

Home Forums General Non RS Chat TONIGHTS TIPPLE!!

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 395 total)
  • Author

stuart cameron
    Participant

UK - Scotland

This peaty enough for you 😁

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@status

Evening mate!!

Haha…🤣😂. Love it!! I remember cutting pete with my uncle and cousin when I was just a nipper, lol!! Happy days!! 👍.

@davers3

Evening mate!!

Well I’ve treated myself tonight!! Tesco came up trumps and I got the last bottle of Lagavulin 16 year old on the shelf. £50, but it was a tough 3 weeks Offshore so why not!! Also got myself an Ardbeg, currently reduced from £47 to £37 in case yi need to stock up..!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

Nice haul!

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Decisions Decisions….. lol… 😂🤣.

Anyhoo, TONIGHTS TIPPLE is….

Lagavulin 16 Year Old….. and what can I say other than HOLY S**T…!!!!

What a Whisky!! ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!! It’s everything I thought it would be but better!! All the flavours are there….. Peat, Smoke, Seaweed, Salt, Iodine, Oak Wood and evening I can taste them!! 😬.

The finish on it is amazing, long and warm, no fire or burning!! PERFECT!!

@davers3

If you thought Ardbeg was a Behemoth then this must be it’s Daddy mate!! You got to treat yourself and get a bottle of this stuff!!

I’m gonna have to go and see what Ralfy has to say about it now, haha.. 😂🤣.

Good health everyone and TAKE CARE!!

🥃🤪👍👍..!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

stuart cameron
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@Brembo

My daily job, making and peating the malt for Lagavulin, Caol Ila, Ardbeg and Laphroaig to name just a few. If you ever over on Islay give me a shout .🥃

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@status

I just “Google mapped” Islay and had no idea it was that far south!! I knew it was west but not as far down!! 7 and a half hours to get there from where I am?? Didn’t realise Scotland was that big, 🤣. It only looks like an hour or so from Glasgow and I can get there in 4 hours ish…. is it difficult to get to from the west coast mate??

Anyhoo, that sounds like an extremely satisfying job…. is it?? You pretty much reeled off my current favourite Whisky’s, although I still have to try Caol lla.

Are you a Whisky drinker yourself mate?? Or has your job put you off it?? Lol!! I know a couple of guys that work in Distilleries, both quite young actually, but neither are Whisky drinkers, they’d rather have, DARE I SAY IT, Vodka..?? 🤯🤯, lol, 😂🤣..!!

Cheers, Marc.

stuart cameron
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@Brembo.

I know always get the comments about going up to the Islands, we are technically further south than Glasgow!!.

Nice 2 hr drive from Glasgow then a 2 hr ferry trip,  or a 20 min flight from Glasgow. however depending on road conditions it’s a great stretch of road to drive down A83.

Dont say it but can’t stand the stuff, would go down vodka route too.
    Under normal conditions the island has a week long whisky festival in last week of May each year. All the distilleries  (9 at moment) have an open day, special bottling etc our normal population of about 3500 swells to about 15000 for a week.

Despite what the company marketing departments tell you, it’s just a job but none the less knowing that something we make here in such a small place goes global is nuts plus nearly every bottle of Jonnie Walker has our malt in it.

Actually made the spirit at Caol Ila for couple of years before moving to our Maltings in Port Ellen. Work has begun on our site to rebuild Port Ellen distillery but unfortunately I can’t afford prices for those bottles .

After a nightshift making it always wanted to get stopped on way home to be able to say yeah I do work in a distillery but with only 6 cops here never happened.😂.

While working at the distillery lot of visitors couldn’t believe we just viewed it as a job but the one day a year we open the maltings people can’t quiet get over scale of place and we are the smaller one of company, can make about 500t of malt a week going through 60-70t of peat so plenty of future bottles of the peaty stuff will be made.

There were a couple of older you tube videos of our site out there. I got a couple of pics somewhere of place.

All the best

Stuart

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@status

Evening mate!! 👍.

I must say, I love all that stuff…. the peat burning etc etc..!! Would love to come and visit some time!!

So do you actually work in a specific Distillery?? Sorry if it’s a stupid question but I get the impression that you’re malting the barley for various companies??

If you got any pics I’d love to see them mate!! Apologies for the late reply, I’ve only just read your post!! 🤭🥃🤪.

Cheers, Marc.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Evening all!!

Well Mrs Brembo has gone off to do her night shift caring for elderly!! I’ve been left to my own devices…!!! Haha..😂🤣.

So TONIGHTS TIPPLE is…..

Ardbeg 10 year old!! I feel like it’s an old favourite now…. even though it’s only my 3rd bottle, not tonight of course, haha!!

It’s got everything I need and crave when I’m wanting a Dram!! Love this stuff!! A nice fat Dram with a lump of ice and it’s Dynamite folks!! 👍👍.

So it’s just me, my PS4 playing COD like a lad, the Mk3 Focus RS Forum (of course) and a bottle of Ardbeg..!! What could possibly go wrong..?? 🤣😂🥃🥃🤪🤪.

@bobcat

Evening mate!! 👍.

Hope you and yours are well?? Do you not like a peaty one now and again mate??

Good health to all… 🥃👍.

Cheers, Marc.

stuart cameron
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@Brembo,

I did work at Caol ila distillery, then moved to Port Ellen Maltings both owned along with Lagavulin by Diageo. We mostly make the malt for our own sites but sell out with to several on the island have even sent it up to our own site at Talisker and have also on occasion supplied Tobermory. In fact the only ones on Islay we don’t supply at some point in the year are Bruichladdich and Bowmore.

pretty rewarding job at times and can be a challenge at times but the way distillery works now I would rather be at the maltings, more labour intensive than at distilleries.

Will find on my phone a couple from the site I took a while back.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Brembo, I’m a bit crook at the moment I’ve done my back in big time. The tipple is off for a couple of days. I don’t mind a little peaty whiskey. My dad got me into Irish whiskey many years ago which are smokey and peaty, but as I’ve got older my taste has changed. Enjoy your time at home 🥃👍

Honorary Member

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@bobcat

Thats not good to hear mate!! There’s nothing worse than a bad back!! 😫🤬.

Hope you make a speedy recovery!! 👍.

Cheers, Marc.

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Brembo ya lucky beggar!.

Would love a Lagavulin. Will find one, one day.

Just finished my Ardbeg Ten, going for the Uigeadail next, apparently similar to the Ten but with an extra shovel of peat!.

Been drinking Grappa lately. Got some home made and I got a bottle of red Grappa which is lovely.

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

NO tipple for me last week and not tipple for this week, been pulling a 530am to 500pm shifts M-F.

My tech is out for 2 weeks.

Enjoy reading the posts on this thread a lot though, makes me more thirsty.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

None for me now a full 2 years and not a drop…. would love to say i feel better for it, but?????? i don’t 🤣🤣

Just sleep better and moneysaving is great 👍

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 395 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to TONIGHTS TIPPLE!!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!