TONIGHTS TIPPLE!!

Home Forums General Non RS Chat TONIGHTS TIPPLE!!

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 395 total)
  • Author

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@1234, 👍reads good try our Sainsbugs this week 😸

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@1234enough, couldn’t wait 😹 something to have tonight 👍

Honorary Member

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

bobcat, how was it and are you a scumbag \ a maggott \ or a cheap loosy faggot lol

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@1234enough, 😹😹😹 I’d have to be a scumbag, I only had the a small tot 😹😹😹 and I was pouring it. First thoughts very nice, it has a lot of what I like in a whiskey 👍

Honorary Member

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by bobcat.

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

Bobcat, glad you like it, think I’ll pop into get another bottle of it as the first bottle has nearly gone 🤔🤯

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

It’s on the shelf it’s a shame to leave it there 😹😹😹. Auchentoshan America Oak single malt is on offer £20 not sure at Sainsbugs but certainly at some other supermarkets 👍

Honorary Member

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Evening all!!

Hope you’re all doing good!! 👍👍.

Well that’s me back home after my 3 weeks Offshore, it was a tough trip so delighted to be home….. 😬👌👍👍.

Great feeling being back behind the wheel of my RS, blasting up the road… 👌👍.

As usual I had to stop in by the Tesco in Inverness on my road north to choose a dram for my first night back.

Well….. what can I say….. I’ve came across an absolute BELTER..!! As you guys probably know I’m currently loving the really peaty, smoky, salty offerings from Islay, like Ardbeg and Lagavulin…. but still love a nice dram with a lovely warm sweet finish!! Many of the peaty Whiskies I’ve tried, as nice as they are, have a very clinical finish to them. Now I’m no expert so bare with me, lol!! Anyhoo,

I remember getting a bottle of Smokehead a few years ago, before I could appreciate Whisky for what it was, so when I saw this NEW Smokehead on the shelf I thought I’d better have a look. So chuffed I did!!

This is a MONSTER!! It’s got everything I love in Whisky but it’s all in the same dram, which I’ve never had before!! It’s PEATY, SMOKY, SALTY, SWEET and WARM!! And it comes in that order, well almost….

Heavily peated and smoky, followed by a ludicrous salty/sweet mix that blows your mind then warmth, a real lovely sweet warmth, something I’ve never experienced in a really peaty dram!! What can I say…. ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!! 🥃😬👌. Pouring my 2nd dram now and this Whisky is skyrocketing up my list and will probably end up my new favourite…. 43% and £35 in Tesco!! Oh, and that first dram has no water or ice, I may put a tiny ice cube in this one just to see what it does and I’ll report back…. hopefully, 😂🤪🥃.

@davers3
    You REALLY have to go out and get this one mate!! 👍👍.

@bobcat
    Howz your back pal?? I know your not a massive fan of the Peaty stuff but the salty/sweet/warmth of this one makes it slightly more accessible I would say, go try it mate!!

Chuffed to be home, back in the RS, back in Mrs Brembo (well I will be shortly), back having a dram and back to normality for 3 weeks!! And back on the Forum, of course.  Just need to get Call Of Duty updated and I’ll be a VERY HAPPY BOY!!

All the best folks…. Cheers… 🥃🥃👍👍.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Cheers, Marc.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Cheers, Marc.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Cheers, Marc.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Brembo, my back is well on the way to getting better thanks, at least with care I can get in and out of the RS 😹😹😹. Wow that looks like a mighty Whiskey I’ll certainly give it a try. Enjoy your time at home and wizzing around those Scottish roads in the RS.

Honorary Member

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo about six months ago now I got my sense of smell and taste back after not having it for I’m guessing 15 years, had sinus ops no joy the works

got an injection in my shoulder, shoulder still rodgered but got my sense of smell and taste back!! Winner!

things have calmed down now ( was proper intense at first) so listening to your descriptions of tastes and the appreciation of what your drinking I’m enjoying 👍

question if stranded on a desert island, a crate of which scotch would you want to find on the shoreline?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@TallPaul Not sure it would be brembo’s choice but heres mine! (No taste or smell needed) 🤣🤣

@Brembo
    good to see your back mate, and cant wait for you to see the photo @TallPaul sent me of him in his new RS driving gear! 🤣

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

Sparko racing man nappies, with or without bright red Umbro track suit

no more motorway service stops….. or friends! 😂😂

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 395 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to TONIGHTS TIPPLE!!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!