TONIGHTS TIPPLE!!

Home Forums General Non RS Chat TONIGHTS TIPPLE!!

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 395 total)
  • Author

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

@ brembo I cant drive either mate GM thinks I should buy a fiesta to be safer 😂

Just cos I had one little near death thing in my car! Who hasn’t? 🤷🏻‍♂️😂😂😂

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

Going to Tesco in the morning ,definitely going to get a bottle.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@Tall Paul to be fair it would have to be the focus ST line…🤣 To be fair my first experience of the veering with totally standard car, was when a local kid in a real fast st fiesta wanted some…. i got in front, only because it looked like i swerved for him & and nearly forced him into the centre barrier….🤣🤣

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Finally…

Nothing like what I imagined. Absolute nectar though. Thought it was going to be really earthy and smokey but it’s not as much as Ardbeg or Laphroaig but it is soooooo nice!. Spicy hot with a lovely olive type undertone which is weird because it smells sweet. Wow!. This is new level for me. Has it beaten an Ardbeg???. Gonna have to trial over the next few weeks. Trouble is you cant do these whiskeys back to back IMO – The Ardbeg completely takes over the taste buds. Been enjoying that lovely Laphroig quarter cask recently. Is it me, my previous ignorance or is Whiskey now better than ever. Been drinking it 30 odd years now (at the very most once a week mind). Just realised that a few drops of water doesn’t help (in the Lagavulin) which surprises. I’m sure Ralphy recommended it.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@davers3

Evening mate!! 👍.

Glad you’re enjoying the Lagavulin..!! You’ll have to try that Smokehead now mate!! I tried a small ice cube in the Smokehead on my second dram and it did it no justice so definitely recommend that one straight!! I think you’ll ABSOLUTELY love it!! 🥃👌.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Ah Brembo, this is amazing. The peat and smoke is really settling in and coming on, its gorgeous man!!!

Smokehead once the quarter cask is gone me thinks which ain’t too far away🤪

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Have a great weekend every one,

Cheers🤘

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@davers3

Oh mate….. sounds like you’re really enjoying the Lagavulin…. 🥃👌👌.

Honestly mate…. I can’t wait to hear what you think of this new Smokehead one??!!

All the Best lad..!! 🥃👍. ENJOY!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@tall-Paul

Evening mate!! 👍.

I was just reading back through this thread and noticed your question……??????

The crate to be washed up and see me through to the point of rescue would have to be the new SMOKEHEAD….!!!! What a F**KEN Dram mate..!! 🥃🥃👌👌.

Well I use the word “rescue” VERY loosely indeed mate… 🤣😂…. To wake up on a desert island and start your day with a dram of that every morning would be AWESOME..!! As long as a crate of what @gm wanted washed up every morning also, then we’d all be sound!! 👍👍.

Sounds like you’ve had yir fair share of injuries/bodily mishaps…??? Lol…🤣😂. Shouldn’t really laugh, but F**K ME pal….. back/shoulders/loss of taste/smell and I believe I read that you had yir BALLS torn off at some point too…??? WTF..!! 😫😫😱😱🤔🤔..!!

Are you a Whisky drinker yourself pal?? I would like to think you were after all that…??? 😂🤣🤪👍.

Cheers, Marc.

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo thanks for the reply mate, yeah I just wanted something special in the cupboard now I know what to buy!

yes mate I’ve been put back together a few times! EDS, Bi lateral lung section, two face and four groin ops, one bollock , abdominal split,hernias,a few wounds, wires and staples and a few bits and pieces missing now!😂 That’s not all mate it’s a Massive list! still going mate! I now it might sound ironic saying this but I’ve been very lucky over the  years done some crazy shit 😂 mostly fixable stuff I count myself as fortunate 👍

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

I’m no whiskey fan (sorry) but had a nice pint of ale on Sunday (the Mrs was driving!)

NB FPM375

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@stu-c, nothing wrong with that especially on a hot sunny day and someone else driving 😹😹😹

Honorary Member

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Can’t beat a nice Malty Blonde on a Sunday as a starter.

I had some of that a few weeks ago – lovely and loads of character for such a light ale.

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Yes, I love a light ale. Favourite brewery is Salopian. Their Oracle and Hop Twister are superb.

https://www.salopianbrewery.co.uk/

NB FPM375

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 395 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to TONIGHTS TIPPLE!!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!