track set up

Home Forums Performance Handling track set up

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

spicer
    Participant

UK - England

i was at Spa and then onto the ring 2 weeks ago. The car is lightening in a straight line but braking and turing in speed is awful. Brakes i can sort but the handling is awful. Car has been set up for track use. The car isnt planted, there is far too much roll. I have a 330d bmw which would have handled better ! Where do i go !!

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

spicer – when you say that the car is set up for track use, what have you had done mate?

spicer
    Participant

UK - England

geo setup

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

Is it a geo set up with stock components, do you have the geo figures?

Also have you upgraded other handling components?

Tyre pressures, what are your hot pressures, and I mean as soon as you get off track?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Hello Spicer

i did exactly the same drive the other month 2 days Ring, 1 day Spa and the car was awesome average threw EauRouge 120mph with a slight wiggle.

This car The RS has been built for the twisty bits. I’ve never heard someone say the car doesn’t handle the bends  weird. Only thing you’ve touched is the Geo maybe that’s the issue

I’d guess your track setup is erm…….. shite

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Spicer, obviously your driving style is more suited to a soft nose heavy rolly polly bmw oiler, the Focus’s stiffer more responsive and possibly twitchier handling on the limit is probably not for you.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Did the tyre pressures get lowered?

Honorary Member

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

@spicer: Three weeks ago I was on the Anneau du Rhin. Only track setup I have different from stock is the DSC V1 controller which reduces roll, squat and dive. The behaviour in the bends was just brilliant. Alas, the Nissan GTR and the Porsche got me every time on the straight 😉

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

Hmm. Bda is on it.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I’m always on something Tony, just what it is I’m not always sure ! innit

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to track set up. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!