Tracker or Ghost

Home Forums Technology Security Tracker or Ghost

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Wendy Fuller
    Participant

UK - England

Need to increase my security, a RS was stolen just down the road from me. What are people recommendations/experiences, thinking tracker or ghost.

appreciate any helpful advice

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@wendy, hi and welcome 👍 Ghost all the way from me

Honorary Member

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

I have a few home made secrets that makes things not work, disc lock defo, live track with alert & geo fence…. and if it ain’t bolted down, can be towed. Got anchor point inside and out. 4X 8MP cams with sound and one Nest cam with sound. 😆

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Ghost and Trackers do very different thinks, so not really either or.  Ghost prevents the car being started, so should be first.  A Tracker is only going to tell you (if it’s not blocked or removed) where it’s been taken too.  Which is a bit late really.

As many are taken by scanning for keyless entry signals, or plugging into the OBD port a Ghost is the way to prevent it.   Only option left is physically towing or picking it up, which is rare.  So that’s where GM’s security chain is good deterrent and physical barrier.

Get Chris Preston at ImmobiliserDirect.com in Northampton to fit a Ghost (he does travel) He is the expert and top guy, fitted many for people here.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Think the best measure is to totally get rid of the keyless entry and OBD which I’ve also done.

steve-rs
    Participant

UK - England

hi  i have both fitted, plus a few other things

the initial outlay far outweighs the loss of your pride and joy

philf1
    Participant

UK - England

I had the Ghost fitted after an attempted theft and I certainly sleep better now. Also have a disclok and a faraday pouch for my key which is never left downstairs at night

Please check out and subscribe to my Instagram 

Check out my sons detailing website if you’re in the West Yorkshire area https://tphdetails.com/

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

Got ghost and tracker, tracker good if it’s moved or the battery is disconnected <span style=”-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);”>or running low </span>

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Tracker or Ghost. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!