Tracker Recommendation

Home Forums Technology Security Tracker Recommendation

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

jonyscam
    Participant

UK - England

Can anyone recommend a tracker that you do not have to pay monthly costs with?

ExeterRS
    Participant

UK - England

Hi,have you checked out the Vodafone tracker?

Ok, you do have to pay about £4.00 per month but this is a monthly contract.

Plugs into your obd port, will track your vehicle but only whilst ignition is switched on.

Exhaust flap mod

chris54
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah commonly known as a faraday pouch and disk lock, no tracker required, it won’t move from where ever you chose to leave it. Disk lock £100, faraday pouch £6.00, job done

rog
    Participant

UK - England

Jonyscam,

The cheapest monthly bill would be that of a low cost sim card and a hacked up phone.

Any luck?

Rog.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Anyone used Clifford Alarms / Trackers

http://www.clifford.co.uk/Tracker.html

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

rog
    Participant

UK - England

white-rs2,

Look for S5 rated tracker. Cat 5, 6 and 7 superseded come Dec. ’18.

Rog.

RSDave
    Participant

UK - England

I would get a disklok and a faraday pouch security wise, but if you still want a tracker i know they’re is the ghost. £200 i think it is, a guy called Chris Preston fits them along with the ghost system

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@Rog

cheers ?

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Rspolo
    Participant

UK - England

My tracker was £350 with 3 year subscription , not Thatcham just self monitoring .

rog
    Participant

UK - England

@Rspolo ~ No police response / remote immobilisation?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

The Ram Track looks good but it does have a monthly subscription. For three years £10 + vat that includes tracker fitting and access to website and app all included. It gives reports on speed brake application very comprehensive. So if your garage test drives your car after service and drives inappropriately I bet you get the service for free. Gives overspeed stats and what the speed limit is on the road being driven. If it was being driven at 45 in a 40 I wouldn’t be too fussed, but 55 60 I would want some answers.

Coastliner

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

I pay £12 per month for my global telematrics tracker, Chris Preston fitted when doing the Ghost, wouldn’t be without it for £12 on a 34k car

cam87
    Participant

UK - England

i recommended the company tracker themselves, the gps blockers don’t stop them from working and can still be tracked in a container, these are fitted to police cars too. Cobra is only a manufacturer choice as they walk in with a bag of money and gps blockers defeat them.

“A car is just fast enough when you stand in front of it in the morning and are afraid to unlock it” – Walter Rohrl

rog
    Participant

UK - England

@ coastliner ~ can see if car’s booted whilst stone cold, could be free services a plenty!

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Not sure about that but idle stats are available will do a screen shot on a report for my car. I also have the Global telemetric one fitted by Chris Preston but all it shows is where the car is, only updated periodically. Where the Ram Track one gives updates every minute.

Coastliner

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Tracker Recommendation. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!