Tractive Suspension User Feedback

Home Forums Performance Handling Tractive Suspension User Feedback

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author

dogbone
    Participant

UK - England

@a-dandy-scot After Tractive install I ran 20mm lower all round for a month or two, but decided to change it back to standard height.  I prefer standard ride height, also Tractive optimum performance is recommended for ride height.

Quality of the ride is night and day, compared to OEM, in all suspension modes.

Magnetic   FPM375   DSC Controller  Tractive suspension  EBC discs with Yellow Stuff

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Nice to see some genuine feedback.   It was me who suggested to a-dandy-scot to post a question here.   We had been discussing options previously and he has a DSC installed now and wanted to research what were the further options.   As other have suggested my approach has always been 1 step at a time, DSC, MT springs, then a full damper upgrade.  You stop at what ever point gives you want you want.

We are also looking to meet up after the lock down so I can take him out for a spin along my local very bump B roads…. An offer open to others interested in a Tractive kit, so if you can make your way to the Midlands, Rugby/Daventry area I can offer the same.

I’ve been developing some of my own maps for it now, looking to refine the compliance and how it rides over bumps in normal mode. You need to keep it from going stiff too soon, so I have delayed the ramp up, which allows you to take bad bumps and stay settled even better than the default map.  Also tweaking the ratio front to back to experiment with the effect on turn in.

Then in Sport drive mode I wanted a more obvious firmer ride from the off, but again control when the dampers ramp up.  The Track drive mode with it’s asymmetric set-up has always been pretty good direct from DSC, so not tweaked that yet.  Anyone thinking it stops it feeling like an RS would be very much wrong, it’s RS plus a whole lot more.  Chucking it into a corner, not only do you feel the rear diff kick in with torque vectoring you now feel the dampers immediately respond as well.

Bottom line is you just can’t do this type of stuff with any other system, it’s awesome.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

dogbone
    Participant

UK - England

@9designs, I’d be happy to try your maps, if/as&when you’re looking for feedback. Sounds interesting.

Magnetic   FPM375   DSC Controller  Tractive suspension  EBC discs with Yellow Stuff

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

My initial setup was at standard height then dropped 20mm all round which for me as a daily driver predominantly using B roads is spot on.

9designs kindly sent me a tweaked map which I will load and give feedback as soon as I can calm this dreadful sciatica down my  left leg. RS hasn’t been off the drive for 3 weeks now.

I will be keeping this car for the foreseeable future so don’t mind spending a few quid to make a good car even better.

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

@Dogbone  map file emailed for you to try out.

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

paulg
    Participant

UK - England

@9designs I’d also be interested in going for a ride in a Tractive fitted car.

Distance not an issue 😆

Nitrous Blue FPM375, Milltek, DSC & TracTive, lots of Mountune bits

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

@paulg   yeah, I pass very close on the way to the recycle centre I believe.  Around my way we have the “ridgeway” road, that’s a terrible condition road. Drop me a mail, we can fix up a time, hopefully on a dry day for the Queen to come out LOL.

dogbone
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for the map, I’ll get it loaded and try it out on my load B-Road circuit.

paulg
    Participant

UK - England

@9designs yeah, I know the ridgeway well! (TVR gets a bit sketchy down there 😆 )

a-dandy-scot
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@white-rs2, thats good to know it emphasises even more one of the best characteristics of the RS and increased comfort.

@RS77
    , could to know there are other options I can pursue in the mean time.

@paulg
    , thankfully I have the DSC controller already so I have started on that path. Which arrived from 9designs just the other week 😉

As he said it was his suggestion to get some feedback from users and so far everything everyone has said has been incredibly useful. @9designs, I think you are right that for me the next step is MT springs, then we can see where I am from there.

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

I’d had DSC for 2rs before I bit the bullet and opted to go full Tractive. Expensive kit but well worth it in my opinion. By all means try out the Mountune springs but for me Tractive is the way to go. I’m in North Yorkshire if anyone would like a comparison.

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

a-dandy-scot
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@elliot I think your right, it just has to be a longer term goal for me. I was looking at other options but they all came with caveats that I wasn’t willing to spend the money on, it would have to be a silver bullet.

I do need to get in an RS with them fitted at some point so I can know for sure.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Had a email from Tractive this week…..

They have reduced the price of the Road/Touring kit,  by about 5oo quid, without module it’s around £3250.

a-dandy-scot
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@9designs, now thats good news! 🙂

paulg
    Participant

UK - England

@9designs just need a Black Friday discount and it gets interesting! 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Tractive Suspension User Feedback. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!