Transmission

Home Forums General Newbie Transmission

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jay Gilbert
    Participant

United Kingdom

I love the look of the Focus RS. However, I’ve had manual transmissions all my life.

Yet recently I bought a mercedes c class automatic. Love the car, butit’s not as fast as the RS.

We’re the RS produced with a automatic transmission I would definitely be looking to buy one.

I’ve grown fed up of changing gears. With traffic the way it is not I don’t see manual transmissions as viable, to me anymore.

There is to many questions long tailbacks to junctions, the changing up and down over and over has become to much for me.

With automatics you just use only the brake in traffic and it’s a 100% easier.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Fords said no to the Auto box despite the Americans who would have liked one. The Focus RS is ment to be an all out drivers car with the capability for going to the shops with granny.

Honorary Member

Redliner
    Participant

United Kingdom

Correct me if I’m wrong but they’ve never made an RS with an auto box…

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

I’m sure I’ll be put right but there was a couple of Sierra Cosworth that had an Auto box

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Nick, Hartford Motors ltd and a company called Somar Trantec to convert 2WD Sapphire Cosworths to automatic. They used the Ford A4LD four speed auto gear box, the development was finished late in 1989 and a few cars were converted before the 4 wheel drive version came out in 1990, it was impossible to mate a auto box with the 4×4.You will have a pretty rare car, estimate less than 50 converted.

Information sourced

Honorary Member

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Transmission. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!