Trolley jack recommendations

Home Forums Styling General Trolley jack recommendations

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

As title states looking for a recommendation for a decent low entry trolley jack for the RS?

Had looked at SGS and seemed like decent value for money however seen some mixed reviews on the quality of their products/durability.

What’s everyone else using trolley jack and axle stand wise? Only needing something that will get the car high enough to get a set of stands under for removing wheels etc nothing too serious.

Thanks, Neil

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

Once I have spare funds I’m going to buy the Sealey 2001LEBL.  Can be picked up for around £100 if you are not fussy on colour…

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Whichever Jack you choose you may also need a jacking block from 9-Designs on this site

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I have an alloy race jack was on offer locally just after Christmas reduced from £175 to £129, its light 2 ton lift and will easily go under side skirt even with jacking block, which I also purchased from 9 designs.

Coastliner

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

I have some low profile halfords jobby. Never used so  can’t say if its any good.

440bhp

443lbft

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

I have a SIP one cos it was cheap, not sure of model..? only good in unit tho as my drive is not flat.. at home I use my kuga Little jack thingy.. not got posh jacking block, only £3 rubber eBay ones ?

masrs
    Participant

UK - England

Costco do a good low profile jack for around £100 and heavy duty axle stands £25 iirc.

Blue Oval
    Participant

UK - England

Get a low profile one that will be low enough to go under the car. I have one of these..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254504098373

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Mine is a low jack with easy access under the side skirt and a flat rubber jacking pad that will not damage the jacking point pinch weld. You basically get what you pay for.

Coastliner

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Pauly Paul
    Participant

What is the best and I presume low profile jack for the RS , I’ve bought some underbody rust prevention spray and was wondering where are the safest points at the rear are , I’m in quite a tight garage so any feedback would be appreciated, 👍👍

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Have a read…

Honorary Member

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Cheers bobcat have read and am now the wiser , any preference to a good jack and stands 👍

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Pauly, there’s a thread on here somewhere about which one to choose but, I at the moment I can’t find it. Hopefully someone will be along and advice.

Honorary Member

Gordon RS
    Participant

UK - England

I use a low entry from Halfords,bought the jack and axle stands together never had any problems

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Trolley jack recommendations. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!